Hermes, found male parts on Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermes, found male parts on Auto

**Lemon amnesia 5 weeks old, found pollen sacs on the bottom.Was in panic mode but did manage to take a picture.

Hoping That I caught it in time, Cut off All the infected areas, Put her in time out. Alone in the dark 72 hours or more. I could not bring myself to pull her. I kept an extra close eye on her. Attached pictures of her.

The end result was good quality Bud, a bit less than o z. quantity could have been better not complaining though.The last picture is right before harvest.

I had an earlier Lemon Amnesia herme, That I didn't catch in time.The result was a Seedy plant,Still potent, no quantity. I know I have a picture of her somewhere but I can't lay my hands on it right now. It had pollinated a few of my other auto Plants That were nearing Harvest. Resulting in only a few seeds In certain buds,nice looking good seeds. I did manage to collect some of the pollen & use On a few select plants. Great results below are a few pictures.

I researched Hermie seeds. Most information says not to use them because they're likely to hermy also. I agree the seeds from the actual Hermy plant we're not that good. However The Pollen crossed with some other strains awarded A1 results.

2nd Generation Gorilla Blue crossed with Lemon Amnesia. (Both Auto's)

The Lemon Amnesia seeds I had this problem with were Free Seeds that came with my order. The first one,given the benefit of the doubt,I figured Could’ve been my bad. A pattern seemed to emerge, I feel like these Free seeds had not passed quality control. I have had free seeds that I've had good luck with, maybe this was just a Fluke. I also had some free skunk seeds that never was anything to brag on. a couple of them got some strange growth as they were maturing, like part of it was trying to re veg.

Has anyone else ever had this problem With Freebies?

MAMBA Negra A, 40 days old & Budding(flowering), but found A few male pollen sacs. I took before picture, then removed the infected area. Defoliated Unwanted leaves from the entire plant. Took another picture. I Removed the whole limb. Could have probably gotten by removing less Cross my fingers. Let's see how she does.

Cut off Infected, circled.

I will update the pictures, this was a couple weeks ago. she's doing pretty good now, seems like.

Happy growing Ya’ll

This is another second generation I think she's about ready to harvest

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200624_222223.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	424073 Cheese A crossed with Lemon Amnesia A.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200114_053744(2).jpg
Views:	299
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	424074Happy growing Ya’ll

Perpetual Harvests
    Set up: 6 x 6 Grow room https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...lies/smile.png [ Home made],2-spyder farmer,3 best VA. 12/12 Flowering...4X4 tent,18hours light for Autos and starting photos in veg. 2 mars hydro.
    Bonsai clones & feminized Started to move outdoors in season.
    2 Exhaust fans -- 3 Circulate intake fans. as needed, all wide open currently. Potting soil Mixed with homemade organic, perlite, peat moss, Worm castings.

“On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).

There are regular auto seeds i was not totally aware of this when i ordered auto seeds i " ass-sumed " they'd be female?? It was a first order auto seed buy for me and surprise i had 2 males and 1 fem out of the pkg. Yes they were cheap unlike now a days but i've now gone all feminized when ordering any seeds. So yes i've had male autos.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• FarmerJoe
      FarmerJoe commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal Thanks, I Don’t recall ever having a total male Auto. I remember not long after they first come out, I
      ordered a few they come up & started to bud real fast. Ending with a real pretty bud, but no quantity, and very little Potency.
      I have noticed in the recent couple years or so a shift in the seed Market price. looks like regular seeds have become among the most expensive now. Not long ago they were the cheapest. Times R changing.😶 Happy Growing

I'm working with a couple of mystery seeds. They were labeled at the time of collection, but retail weed isn't supposed to have seeds in it, so go figure...
    I can't magnify your pics to see, and I really wanna see your sacs! I'm having pollen drama, myself.
    The thing is...I woke up thinking about pollen sacs today. (Lol, isolation with 2 grown human boys and 2 baby-girl plants is hurting my head)
    First-time grower, except I knew some stuff about gardening and weed before...just not anything useful for gardening weed, lol. I was able to sex the girls correctly, and they were really beginning to percolate. Then one evening about 5 weeks in - Noooooooo! - pollinated pistils! I was ready to ditch them, but my mentor said to remove the sacs if I find them before they open. I was only like a couple, and I only have the 2 plants, different kinds, and only 2 or 3 hairs were affected in the entire tent and both ladies are still percolating away. So I left them both in the flowering tent. It's not like I have anything ready to go in there now...my clone tent looks like Frankenstein's lab, lol.
    I wanna see what they do!

But your question answered my question and answered another one I hadn't thought to ask yet: Can a female plant herm at any time during her flowering cycle? and the answer is yes. The unasked answer is about pollination happening further along - like near the end, nearer to harvest - limiting the number of seedy buds. Fortunately it's a small space, so checking the buds for changelings will not be too much drama, but I could see how if you were flowering a swathe and the wheels came off...how it would just be easier to take a herm plant out than remove individually affected branches. If mine crossed, it'll be weird, but awesome, as one of them is a 1:1 CBD plant and the other a pretty potent hybrid.

If I get seeds from this, I'll keep them. Just like I kept the seeds from the fantastic tomatoes I got at the market, or an outrageously colored cosmos that volunteered.
    The plants seem to be quite happy no matter how they are identifying, and as a parent, that's all you can hope for, right?
    (took these before lights-out this morning)

Comment

• FarmerJoe
      FarmerJoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Accidental Gardener. Thanks for your comment🙂 will upload better quality pictures. [ isolated with three adult girls three female dog 3 female cats...Me & mary-jane…..] My head hurts at times to.
      I was surprised By The Few # of Seeds (Nice-looking seeds) from each different strains at different ages Usually Started a week apart... seems like about two months plants were affected. did not hurt Quality. Actually had to Hunt for those few fat pretty seeds on the really thick colas.. I don't think it hurt quantity either. It could have been better, could have been worse... but average for the season and conditions. App...40-50gram dry Bud per plant.. 70 to 90 day Seed to harvest, depending on the plant. Top Shelf. I am trying to say by no means seedy plants. very few seeds...that were like gold. Feminized Auto. Seemed like I got a bit impatient ( Mabey) At first Wanting to see what it will produce. I didn't take the best scientific analysis .on average I would say 60% of the seeds went to harvest. 100 percent feminized Autoflower. Course I just Burnt one.. 😎 Got to Test the Product ! Happy Growing!

You were clever to save the pollen to cross with other varieties! F1 hybrids always grow out like champs.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

FarmerJoe we need a smoke report
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X