Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tap root stopped growing

Hmmm

Not had this happen before, 2 different strains upon germination seem to have stopped growing. Tap root was about 3mm in length which then usually explodes with growth but suddenly nothing.

Environment hasnt changed, maybe old seeds? I have tried fresh soil which is moist and then tried a little more water. No response at all...

These seeds are Cannatonic and Bubblicious - my first attempt at CBD dominating strains. I did have a 100% germination record until these.

Any ideas? Thanks all.

Coco coir, no nutes yet, PH 5.95
    Last edited by Lolabird; 07-02-2020, 11:49 AM.

I have had that happen to me. I germinate in paper towels, then I use the split open Rapid Rooter technique that Nebula describes here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...r-towel-method. When I've had germination stop, I've put the seeds into the Rapid Rooter anyway, and about 50% of them will eventually sprout. Good luck!

Comment

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks - I never had this issue before, either the seeds germinated or not, but never had one germinate with tap root and stop growing...Last ditch effort to save 1 ,of the remaining 2 G.L.F seeds. I think they radiated these bugs..they were covid seeds and they sat on loading dock for days. Have no idea what post man / home land was doing to packages..Blueberry seeds from same order were all bust too..re ordered them

Thanks for your reply, this is exactly my process. Do you soak the rapid rooters at all or split, insert the seed and then water?

Comment

I don't soak them as they're pretty moist. I wouldn't put a germinated seed into a dry one though, I'd definitely dampen it but not soak - those baby roots need oxygen and are really susceptible to over-watering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X