No announcement yet.

New Grower, New Issues, yellowing leaves, low pH, guessing calcium deficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grower, New Issues, yellowing leaves, low pH, guessing calcium deficiency

Hello,

First time posting, pretty new grower. Been learning from trial and error for about a year. I have some OG Kush and Cinderella 99 about 3 weeks into flowering. I started noticing brown and yellow spots on the leaves about a week ago. I added the last of my dolomite lime - Pure dolomitic / calcite garden lime to the soil (mix of garden soil and compost) and watered with my fox farm trio nutrients. I tested the run off and realized the pH was down to 5.25 on all the plants. I understand lime takes a little time to raise the pH as well as fix the calcium deficiency.

My new plan is I pH'd water to 6.75 - 7 to flush the soil. Watered yesterday (runoff 5.25), have some lime chunks that take about a month to even the soil, but added 2-3 tablespoons on the top soil of each plant. Plan on watering again tonight with pH'd water to 6.75-7. As well as ordered some General Hydroponics CALiMAGic. Which I will put in the water I give the plants tonight.

Now I need advice if I am tackling the issue the right way. What's the best way to even out pH. Am I using the right plan tackling this? I've kept humidity right around 50-60% and temp at 70-80 pretty much the whole time. It seems like the main issues I have been running into have been calcium deficiency's. I've read that using LED lights can play a role in that as well.

Thanks!!

I've got a pH meter for soil. You might want to get one. Mine only seems to work in coco right after I water but it's still useful for finding out what is going on at the root level. I think the real issue is lockout caused by the soil becoming too acidic. Right now is the worst time possible to have these issues too. I don't have experience in soil growing, just coco. You may want to wait for other responses from more seasoned growers. If it were up to me, I'd flush them all hard until runoff tests closer to 6.0 or higher. Then I'd give them a light feeding and leave them alone until the soil starts to dry out.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• UpNorthGreen
      UpNorthGreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate the info! Stupid me, I have a soil pH reader and didn't even think to use it because I was putting the correct pH'd water into the soil. Now I'll use it more to track the flushing process.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X