Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice, first week flower pruning

Hello,

i am currently on first week of first flower and i'm getting a bit wary of all the new growth, probably shouldn't have vegged for 60 days, but it's my first grow, so be it.

My girl has grown 15 cm easy on main stems, so i tried supercropping as per advice i found over the forum and internet, but it didn't go well, and besides creating brown scars on stem, they straightened right back like nothing happened.
    I used bendy wire to kind of make a "step" on them, bending in 90 degrees, to hold them off a tiny bit, as i have only about 30 cm (12 inch) more to work with. If this growth will continue, i am considering using a string and bendy wire, and bending them inwards, making them look like a bow.

Please share any advice on what you think i should try.

There is also a load! of new stems growing out of my main 6 stems, and i wonder, should i keep some or prune them off? Should i keep those that start high on main stem or low? I included pictures of what i mean.

I also wonder if the plant will be OK if i go poking it through 1-3 weeks of flower, doing some bending/pruning, or will it be to stressful and possibly hurt/herm it.

Thank you for all your help and advice, got this far thanks to you guys, and this forum and site!

The plant can handle the bending over if that's what you have to do - once done - you have to commit to keeping it bent over cuz it won't just stay bent on its own.

If you need to cut branches cut the branches that are growing on the inside pointing in not outwards.

And don't cut off the tiny new stems you circled.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Partyzen
      Partyzen commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, i have been doing exactly the opposite, as the tent is completely filled now, i was pruning all the outwards growing stems as they have nowhere to go, and leaving the middle ones, because the middle was empty as i LST'd the main stems outwards after topping.
      Didn't expect those pesky stems to straighten after being bent for so long, guess ill go for a "bow-tie" sooner than later then. I'll keep the tiny stems too, will see what they do.

Thanks for the help!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X