Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Bottom leaves turning yellow, top turning light green

Hey,

This plant is a photo Amnesia Haze about 50 days old from seed and growing in soil of peat, 10% perlite and worm castings (growmix). The light is a SF1000 and she's in a 5gal fabric pot. She's on pH adjusted tap water, i make sure the water is between 6,4-6,7. Tap water is fairly hard here i think, the water company reports 37.6°fH and 3.8mmol/l and I'm using some citric acid solution to lower pH. Usually the temps inside the tent are about 25c and 50% RH but the last couple days it's been super wet outside and RH is around 70%. We had a bit of a heat wave last week but it never got above 30,6C in the tent and she didn't seem to mind at all.

After about a month the plant started showing signs of what i thought was nitrogen deficiency but i'm starting to doubt that as even tho she started showing signs of improving at first now it's getting worse. i started adding plagron terra grow (3-1-3 NPK) slowly at first and until the recommended dose of 5ml per week and even slightly above that. Also you can see signs of stems turning red but that seems to have improved after adding nutes.

I still think it looks like N deficiency but that seems unlikely given what i'm giving her? Could anything else be going on ? She was only transplanted into the fabric pot 3 weeks ago, so even tho she spent 3 weeks in a 1L then 2L pot she got almost 10L of fresh soil only 3 weeks ago. and i started the nutes shortly after transplant. I did have a bit of water draining out once or twice maybe all the nitrogen leeched out ? but it really wasn't that much water..

First time i try LST so it's a bit of a mess but i think i still got a decent canopy going. I plan on switching to 12/12 soon-ish but i really want to sort out the nutrients issues first.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UnderGrower4; 07-01-2020, 02:21 PM.

Anything i can do to help narrow them the issue or anything plz ?

Comment

How much do you water and how often?

Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

350-500ml per day depending how dry the soil feels. gave her more during the heat wave but this week giving her less. I've tried skipping a day to make sure i don't overwater but she becomes all droopy in the evening and perks back up when i water her. i usually water around 10am. i haven't given her anything yet today think i should wait and see if she can last until tomorrow before watering?
        Last edited by UnderGrower4; 07-02-2020, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Instead of watering every day with 350-500ml l. Of course it will dry out fast. This is why you need to water every day.
          try with 1 L instead, see how long it takes for the soil to get dry.
          every day watering is not good for the roots, And if it keep drinking the amount of water too fast. You need to give it a bigger amount of water.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Bad watering practices can cause a hell a lot of problems actually. Both under/over watering.

Comment

Sounds good i'll try that thanks! I'll probly get some runoff with 1L but that's probly not such a bad thing. will give me an chance to check soil ph.
              Last edited by UnderGrower4; 07-02-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Run off is fine in this stage of the plant

- I start directly in my final 40L pot. So I can’t get run off before I’m late in veg phase or start bloom.
                Run off will help remove some of the salt buildup in the pot.

As long as their is oxygen in the roots, 1L is great as Cap said. I flushed my plant 4 days ago and I thought it would drown, but after 12 gallons she didn't droop not once and is moving along great. On a side not I do think flushing opened the soil up.
              Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
              300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
              FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Gave her one liter and had a bit of runoff but only about 100ml sounds like a pretty good dosage. Thanks.

Checked runoff pH and it was 6,8 while the water i gave her was 6,7. Tap water is 7,6 so it looks like i'm keeping pH under control but i could be a little less conservative with the citric acid.
                Last edited by UnderGrower4; 07-02-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Plants will have the habit of aborting any lower leaves that have out-lived their usefulness. She reclaims the nitrogen .they turn yellow and fall off

Comment

Yea i'm more worried about the top turning all light green like that, while nitrogen deficiency should start from the bottom i believe. so i think something else is going on not just nitrogen deficiency. also i gave her plenty of nutes.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X