Grown from dispensary seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grown from dispensary seeds

Hi GWE friends. I'm a newbie growing outdoors in CT. I have 5 beautiful plants total from seeds I got from bud that I bought from a dispensary and believe it or not they all seem to be female! I have 3 GMO Cookies, one Northern Lights and a Banana OG. My question is do you know what type of seed I would have gotten from the dispensary? These cant possibly be auto flower can they? When should I expect these plants to start flowering? I just planted the seeds in some good soil and they all sprouted, now I'm in love with them and found a new hobby. Any advise, tips or comments are greatly appreciated.

If they are Auto's, they will flower on their own. But if they're Photos, then you have to give them total darkness for 12 hours and light for 12 hours to force them to flower.

Comment

Any idea when I should attempt this if they don't flower by themselves?

Comment

Chrismach, I usually let mine veg for at least 8 weeks. No less than 6. If they are Photos, they will double in size once you flip to 12/12.

Comment

Much depends upon exactly when you planted them. If it's longer than 3 or 4 weeks, autos would have started flowering on their own.

Since you have them outdoors, it's pretty much a waiting game. Good luck!!!
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I started the seedlings on my window cill and planted them in pots outside on my deck on Mothers day. From what you said they must not be auto flower as they probably would be in the beginning of flower now.I'm a little disappointed that they aren't filling in faster. This is my first attempt so I guess I can only get better. Thank you for all the advise.

Comment

If they are outside just let them grow, the hours of light per day are growing shorter now. If you need/want them to flower earlier, put them in dark 12 hours per day on a tight schedule.

Comment

I'm going to let mother nature work as you said. I have no need to rush them. I actually enjoy watching them grow.I'd rather they filled out and get very bushy before flowering if possible. Hopefully I will be rewarded for showing these ladies all this love.

Comment

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Topping them can push the side growth you're lookin for.

When they do go into flowering, watch out for them turning hermaphrodite. The reason you got seeds in your store-bought bud and they are all female is because the plant that made the seeds almost certainly went hermie or was grown next to one that did.
                Coconut Grove
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

That just majorly burster my bubble. I really hope that this isn't true with my plants. I would be devastated.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well don't be devastated it was good weed you'd found it in right? So we just don't know till they are good into flower. I have 8 possible hermies outdoor grow, but won't be sure till they form buds again. So don't feel awful chalk it up on educating yourself with training this plant treat her well.

• UndergroundFarmer
                    UndergroundFarmer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's not all that bad, really. Hereditary hermaphroditism or even rodelization are cheap ways of producing feminized seed. You'll just need to watch out for nanners late in flowering. If the dispensary bud was still good even with seeds in it, you could let your plants go to seed and never run out of that variety.

• Korn
                    Korn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also, if it throws a nanner late in the flowering game and you miss it, you probably won’t see many (or any) mature seeds. Seeds usually take 4-6 weeks for maturation.
                    Last edited by Korn; 07-03-2020, 07:54 PM.

Thanks guys I feel a little better about it. Three seeds came from a batch called Ivory in Connecticut medical marijuana terms. The street name was GMO Cookies and it was 31% TAC, great bud. One other came from a batch of Banana Og which was in the low 30% if I remember correctly and the last seed was from a batch of northern lights which was 32+%. So all tremendous buds from the dispensary. I know that the seeds come from good genetics at the very least. I'm going to continue to take great care of all five and hope for the best.

Comment

• kingfish
                    kingfish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I said this many times before. Some of the best weed I ever smoked came from a hermied seed.

Like JDU said topping would make them bushier. Running out of time though. Should start flowering in a few weeks. Nice camo with the bleeding heart in the corner.

Comment

Thanks King and Woody. I actually topped all of them about two and a half or three weeks ago. It looks like topping stimulated some good growth but I'm still hoping for them to fill out more.

Comment

These two plants are supposed to be on a 60 day flower cycle. Today is exactly 60 days from when I spotted a bud forming so it could be 60 days plus or MI us a week or so. Both plants appear to need way more time. Would you please confirm this for me? If you do a close up of the tri's all appear to beglassy to me. Up my spotted a couple hairs starting to curl and turn color but that's it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to mess this up now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismach View Post
                        Hi GWE friends. I'm a newbie growing outdoors in CT. I have 5 beautiful plants total from seeds I got from bud that I bought from a dispensary and believe it or not they all seem to be female! I have 3 GMO Cookies, one Northern Lights and a Banana OG. My question is do you know what type of seed I would have gotten from the dispensary? These cant possibly be auto flower can they? When should I expect these plants to start flowering? I just planted the seeds in some good soil and they all sprouted, now I'm in love with them and found a new hobby. Any advise, tips or comments are greatly appreciated.
                        Sweet, another CT grower! Your girls look great. My outdoor are just starting to flower. Recently just switch to bloom nutes.
                        5x5 Gorilla tent
                        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                        Technaflora nutes
                        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Chrismach
                          Chrismach commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Care to show what ya got?? These two are very odd as they started flowering too early I guess. I mean can it ever happen quick enough when you're waiting?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X