My plant has outgrown my greenhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! My plant has outgrown my greenhouse

I'm looking for some advise. I'm fairly new to growing, this is only my second plant. I am growing outside in my greenhouse and the peak is 8' tall. I grew a plant last year and had no issues, but I planted it much later in the season. This year I planted in early spring and it is now huge. It's essentially scraping the roof and there are probably at least another 3 weeks to go before the days are short enough for it to start flowering. Moving it out of the greenhouse is not an option for discretionary reasons. I'm not sure what to do. I have bent the top softly thinking I could get it to start growing sideways, but if it continues to grow I'm afraid it will topple. The only other thing I can think of is topping it and cut off the upper portion of the plant. I'm concerned about the effect that would have on the plant this late in the game. Can you top a plant this mature? I've put a lot of TLC into this thing and I don't want to ruin it not to mention the thought of the waste of cutting that much off is somewhat depressing. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I would really appreciate it.

Its not ideal but it sound like you will have to or get a bigger green house. Live and learn.

Comment

If it was me, bend it over, I have done it in my grow space and all the buds down the line start growing up and doing better. I would supercrop it, much better than leaning it over.
      Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
      A tale of two seeds
      Batter Up Sour Deisel
      Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
      New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
      Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

I would drive a stake into the ground outside of the pot and really pull that top down even if it breaks tape it to seal the wound or super crop it hard bust the tissue let it flop.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X