Growing Without Access Outdoor Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing Without Access Outdoor Access

I'm putting together a grow set up in a closet. So far my biggest problem is that there's no window near the closet, so I can't run ducting to a window to get outside air. How critical is outside air? How detrimental will it be to my grow if the intake/exhaust only leads to the room outside the closet and not the actual fresh air outdoors?

As long as it's getting fresh air (from outside or inside) and heat is under control then it should be ok. The main problem that can arise is using the same air that you vent into but this can be controlled better with adequate ac. The reason it is suggested to vent outside is because if you use the same air that you vent the hot air into it will be difficult to control heat as you are not getting cool air pulled into the tent.

Comment

My plant is secluded in the house. Own room, own climate, haha... Once a week I'll open every window in the house, blast all fans and let the house fill up. Does the trick good. I have my AC in the house on a good amount of the day, and a large fan in my grow area as well so it's constantly receiving new air

Tersky has the answer there. New is air is new air, as long as you're not recycling it
      Last edited by Gjourney101; 06-30-2020, 07:19 AM.
      Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Hi Basic. My set up draws fresh air from the grow room and not from outside. It's not a problem. Heat and humidity in the grow room are controlled with A/C as Tersky has suggested. Because I live in a somewhat high humidity area (OK) I purchased a room dehumidifier to help control the RH in the grow room. Here's how it works, at least for me, without the dehumidifier, grow room A/C set at 72, tent temps daytime 78-82 RH high 50's low 60's. Works great for veg, not so much for flower. With the dehumidifier set at 45%, grow room A/C set at 72, tent temps daytime 74-76 RH high 40's low 50's.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

My 2x4x5 tent is in an enclosed garage that doesn't have a way to duct the used air outside, so the humidity that comes out of the tent sorta hangs out and it gets muggy. When I crack the garage door a couple inches and open a door to the inside of the house, the air exchanges quickly. My lights run at night, two 600W LED rigs that don't generate very much heat and I find I still need to run a heater outside the tent I have three 6" clip fans inside to keep things rustling. The plants need our used air and we need theirs ) The drywall in your closet will also thank you!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X