Venting tent during lights out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venting tent during lights out

I'm wondering how others are venting their tents during 12/12 lights out. I have a 3x3 tent and had a difficult time getting heat and humidity down during lights out. I put an oversized (6") fan and filter in, but it didnt quite bring it down to parameters with the tent all sealed up. So I took some short pieces of aluminum dryer vent and capped 3 of the ports with dark sheets and pillowcases to allow more air flow with the side flaps closed.
    I'd like to find a better way to keep the side flaps and ports open during lights out to keep airflow up but light out. I will add that my tent is in the main living space of my appartment and the location is fixed.
    Attached Files
    3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
    1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
    1000w Tolys led (burple)
    Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
    Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
    No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

I just shade the ports. Mine are in the living room too.

Comment

• MrMagic
      MrMagic commented
      Editing a comment
      Does that block the light enough when the living room lights are on during lights out

Yessir! It even blocks the light from the wide open veg tent right next to it.

Comment

Pull the sleeve in & down, shade it & open a door almost enough to put your eye in & you can see if any light is gettin in.

Comment

• MrMagic
        MrMagic commented
        Editing a comment
        Apon closer inspection I see what you have going on now. It's the box in the back. My gears are turning

Oops- no that's just a mess I need to clean up lol. Now lights are on so I can get better pics. I keep an old box on top of the tent- flower tent goes off- I take the box down & lean it against the tent leaving airflow & double check that there's no light. Put it back on top when the lights come on.
      Last edited by JDU; 06-28-2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Idea rolling in my brain now from ur pic at the back. Is pipe into a nice wood box that doubles as shelving or shoe rack that hides ports and flaps.
        3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
        1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
        1000w Tolys led (burple)
        Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
        Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
        No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Comment

That'll work 👍

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X