Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO conjoined twins??

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have an idea as to what may be going on here? I've read about 2 plants from one seed (twins) but this auto Ak seems to be growing 2 plants from one stem?

I am experimenting with this grow in a Kratky style setup using about 170w of LED lights. I germinated one seed, got one taproot and then she seemes to have split just above the surface into two equal growths. The plant is roughly 2 weeks old and doesn't seem to be growing very fast. Although I have another auto AK growing in Coco very well and that started very slow too.

Not really expecting this grow to go far but I was interested to see what would happen in this setup and now I am confused.

Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200626_210448.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	422090Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200626_210428.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	422089

More than likely the main stem was damaged allowing the off shoots to grow or it's some kind of mutation. We top plants to create the same effect and have heard of some plants naturally topping its self (actually have a cherry tomato plant that did the same thing but later in it's development). If it's two weeks old and suffered some damage then it would be stunted a little as it's not mature enough to bounce back quickly.

Interested in how the kratky works. My hunch is that it is not as good as the air stone method as cannabis really likes its oxygen but am curious as to how it works with cannabis. I have done it with lettuce plants and ended up with pond scum by the end.

Comment

Thanks Tersky. I think that makes sense. I need to be more careful when I transplant seedlings! have decided to take this one out of the grow room as it now lools like it has started flowering and some of the leaves have turned yellow. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200630_170455.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	422899 It is only about 10mm across so bit of a waste of time. No giving up on Kratky method yet though...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X