Watering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watering

I only give them what I drink, filtered. I’m 2 weeks from flowering how much and how often should I water.

Depends on your grow medium. Depends on the size. Depends on the temperature. I water once every 2 days. When she's thirsty, I can see her droop slightly. When watered perfectly, her leaves pray towards the light
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Water when they need water. Feel how heavy your pots are after you've watered and water again when it feels light or they start to droop or the soil pulls away from the sides of the pot. Once you get used to it, the 'feels light' when you pick it up is pretty fool-proof. Mine need water about every 2.5 - 3.5 days.
      Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Gluteous i just did a germination on a pre 98 bubba kush

Thanks guys. Is a 3 gallon pot ok for flowering?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it a auto flower then yes

SoOrbudgal no it’s not auto flower... what should I get?

Comment

Photos grow until the light schedule is conditioned to 12/12, which means they get as big as you allow them to be. Unless you plan on switching 2 or 3 weeks into veg, you'd probably get a 6-10

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

6-10? I’m going flower in a week

Comment

5gal pot or larger
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Depends on what you want to do and how big your grow area is. I grew in 3 gal fabric pots last grow and it worked fine because they were fabric pots which air prune the roots to keep it form getting root bound. That said, i'll probably switch to 5 gal for my 3x3 space. The bigger the pot, the bigger your plant can potentially get. If you are doing SOG micro grows you would use small pots but have more plants. The key is using an air or fabric pot so it doesnt get root bound but it really depends on the type of grow you are doing and what size plant you want to have. Though to fill out a 10 gal will take a longer veg time than a 5 gal so just keep that in mind.

Comment

Tersky Well now I’m stumped. Is there any chance I could show you what’s up now? My room size, light and all and get advice from there?

Comment

• Tersky
                  Tersky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  More info is always better but i'll try to explain it better. Pot size depends on the type of grow you are doing and how long you want to veg the plant(s). The longer you veg the bigger the root system gets. The bigger the root system, the bigger the pot needed. Also the bigger the root system, the bigger your plant can get. I prefer vegging my plants for 6 weeks then flipping as that is usually the amount of time needed for me to train the plant out to my desired width. Some dont want to veg that long and do micro grows, which is basically letting the plant get it's first set of true leaves then flipping to 12/12 (or doing 12/12 from start). Since the plant wont get very large because of short veg time you can add a lot more small container plants to fill up that same space. I have a 3x3 space that i put 4 3-5 gallon pots in. That same tent i could do 12-18 plants in one gallon pots. Trained correctly 4 plants can produce as much as the 12-18 plants, though it takes a longer veg time to fill out the tent.

If you still have problems you can definitely post pics and info.

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sure show us what's up

Hi jb4point0...details about your grow set up are always in order. Show what ya got.
                Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Tersky SoOrbudgal golfnrl hydrocrunch 600w, miracle gro(I know y’all hate it) 3 gal cheap pots, in a spare room surrounded by panda film. Has a large plug in fan on med rustling the leaves slightly. I water when they droop. I think the lower levels of 3 of them got permanent wind burn very early on.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Should I re-pot them in 5 gallon buckets/pots? What soil should I use for the final but if I do re-pot them? I’m pretty limited to Home Depot on my purchases.

Comment

• golfnrl
                      golfnrl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not sure Homer stocks Foxfarm Ocean/Forest blend soil? Maybe a nursery in your area? Or Amazon. 5 gal cloth pots should work for ya.

jb4point0 I am using MiracleGro right now and it gave me huge peoblems in flowering. Not so much in veg. I literally had to flush it because it started getting nute burn right as I entered flowering.

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
                    300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X