What is this? Spots/Holes in leaves Outdoor grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this? Spots/Holes in leaves Outdoor grow

Hi. my first outdoor grow in Nova Scotia. One of the plants (white rhino) has spots on the upper leaves as in photos. I cannot see anything moving around. Looks to me like bug bites of some sort, and from GWE photos maybe it is spider mites? other plants are clean so far. Please, does anyone know what this is? I will continue to look on line. thanks in advance
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Originally posted by Bootsy View Post
    Hi. my first outdoor grow in Nova Scotia. One of the plants (white rhino) has spots on the upper leaves as in photos. I cannot see anything moving around. Looks to me like bug bites of some sort, and from GWE photos maybe it is spider mites? other plants are clean so far. Please, does anyone know what this is? I will continue to look on line. thanks in advance
    Further info in cvase it helps. Plants are in 10 gallon fabric pots using a supersoil recipe in the bottom third and a mixed coco/soil in the top 2/3. They have been fully outside for almost a month. Prior to that they were outside for a few hours a day.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

Bugs! Spidermites is possible, 91% ISO 50/50 with water, spray under side then top. Then order ladybugs, about 1500 or so and turn them loose in the grow area. ISO will kill adults, not eggs, respray every 2 days for at least 3 treatments without the ladybugs.

Comment

Big time bugs. Get after em! Lots of remedies so pick one and stay after em. Spray every 2-3 days for at least 3 treatments.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

yes those are spider mites i got some on a couple plants all we can do for them is what you've been told. We try and get rid of them before they bud but........ it's a price for free light that we pay. By the way i never toss plants unless heavy infestation i mean when you see webs. But that's me.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

thanks all. sprayed the alcohol mixture and picked up some insecticidal soap recommended by local shop. i havent, but expect i should treat all the plants.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes i have been needing to spray for bugs early i think it's because of the cooler wetter summer we've had so far, below normal temps.

Some aside info for me. 1. Local grow shop says i should be covering my soil. "soil should never see sun". This is something i didnt realize. Now looking at options, but do have some mint i think i will try in one pot. the guy also said an organic layer like old leaves will do great or even mulch. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. i have 3 plants in pots and may even try 3 different things.
            2. i did see that diatomaceous earth will help keep crawling pests away. i have a bunch of that from an aquarium filter set, that i may use - when i find out how to use it. Learning as i go.

Comment

Be sure the DE is Food Grade!
              As for covering the soil, I will agree and disagree, plants grow well without the soil being covered, however the cover with leaves adds nutes and does help keep the soil cool. I mulched around and up the sides of my pots this year to help keep the roots cool in the heat we are having now, and the next 6 weeks.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X