• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Grow Some Super Skunk!!!!!!

I'm starting a new project Click image for larger version

Name:	20200626_220646.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	421795 and they're regular seeds so I have got to find a female out of 5 seeds. That's usually luck of the draw but I'm going to use something I've been studying lately Click image for larger version

Name:	Sexing-cannabis-seeds-chart.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	421796 So perfectly round seed sockets are female and everything else is supposed to be male when a cannabis plant matures. So I will pick 1 "male seed" and 1 "female seed" and see if this chart is actually accurate. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200626_215057.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	879.8 KB
ID:	421797 So I see my first seed choice as "female seed" on the very right hand side. The seed socket is very round and perfect. Going clockwise down to the next seed socket is an oval and the next seed going down, the socket looks Asymmetrical. So both of those are supposedly male seeds. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200626_215453.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	934.8 KB
ID:	421798 Now for the last 2 seeds. The seed socket on the left looks wide and oval and the seed on the right has a circular shape socket once you get past the shine. This is the best picture of these 2 seeds I could get but I double checked the seed on the right and it was perfect and circular. So according to the seed chart we have 2 "female seeds" and 3 "male seeds". So I have separated the 2 "female seeds" and the 3 "male seeds" and I will pick 1 of each to germinate. I will soak each seed in different marked cups for 24 hrs to soften the seed then I will plant each seed in marked 4 inch pots and use sandwich bags for a humid dome. I'm not using the paper towel method this time because it's summer time. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_000205.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	421799Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_000317.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	900.5 KB
ID:	421800 Here's my "female" and here's my "male" Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_001242.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	421801Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_001331.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	804.9 KB
ID:	421802 I for one can't wait for the results.
    Attached Files

I thought that that theory had been debunked...

For one thing in the picture, the "female" seeds don't look any rounder than the males.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Certainly does not work, call myth busters!
      Good luck with your test, my bet is you find whats already been found..

Comment

100% BS - Your test results might support the theory, but it's false.

Comment

Yeah true it may have been debunked but I wanna have fun while growing some Super Skunk and who knows I could get lucky. I not preaching this as the gospel that's why I put the phrases Male and Female seeds in quotation marks. Even I don't believe everything I see or read but I thought it would be a fun run and see what happens down the road since my last run was a mystery seed that wound up being a male plant. Everyone lighten up I'm not trying to say the Earth is flat.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            JohnEmad the earth is flat. Water doesn't "circle" the flat surface of the globe: it lays flat.

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL alltatup, I am more confused then ever and after harvesting 2 plants and working on a deck since very early this morning I have called it and popped a beer. No twist top here. Then sampled some of the samples from harvested plants. Way too medicated and tired to make sense. Hooray to all who ask questions!

• Mazzariman
            Mazzariman commented
            Editing a comment
            I once heard that there is no gravity. The Earth sucks! (but I kinda like it here nonetheless)

Well good on you for posting and making this attempt - I'll just keep paying 10 bucks a seed for guaranteed feminized.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

LOL good times
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Fun project. Good luck and happy growing! =)
              Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

I got some lemon skunk autos going very strong gals

indoor/outdoor grower
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

It's always a good experience to grow regular seeds, because once you do that, you know exactly how to spot each sex.
                  Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                  2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                  Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

My one little bag seed 1 month old sitting in time out do to being too slow for regular photo plant. In the green house i check her every few days to see if she is growing i can't tell LOL put a stick into her soil to mark growth from it.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Well I'm back, it took me a while to return because of slow germination(really I was just impatient). I had to make sure that the seeds would germinate so I poped the whole 5 pack. This is a look at my Veg tent and its a 32 inch X 32 inch X 5.5 foot Vivosun tent. Click image for larger version  Name:	20200627_234528.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	425738​​ It's equipped with a 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter and in my last grow the funkies didn't escape my tent. I just have a clip fan and will upgrade to a osculating clip fan in August.The probe in the picture is my hygrometer so I can see temps and humidity without opening my tent.
                      Last edited by Mariojuana; 07-08-2020, 09:50 PM.

Comment

The light fixture I'm using is a Hydrofarm Agrobrite T-5 fixture with 4 bulbs and I threw away the regular fluorescent bulbs and replaced them with AGROLED® ISUNLIGHT® VEG + UV LED GROW BULBS. ​ So I got a lot of blue spectrum light for tight node spacing or so I was told. These bulbs are brighter than any florescent T-5 bulb. Click image for larger version

Name:	ledt5UVtubesLG_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	409.6 KB
ID:	425740
                        Last edited by Mariojuana; 07-08-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

​​ So on 06-28-2020 I planted the 2 Super Skunk seeds in Coco-Loco and used a sandwich bag for a humidity dome after a 24 hr. soak. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200630_225317.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	425741
                          Last edited by Mariojuana; 07-08-2020, 09:26 PM.

Comment

​ On 07-01-2020 the first seed labeled F finally broke the surface and this always gives me great joy to seed a fresh seedling. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200630_225308.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	425742
                            Last edited by Mariojuana; 07-08-2020, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X