First Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR First Timer

Growing in coco first time. Switched from living soil. Okay I know you water with nutrient water with 10-20% run off I get that. But what about when I'm using plain ph water in between feedings do I water to run off or water just enough to saturate the coco? Also do I add cal mag every watering?

The calmag depends on a few things but I like to feed coco every watering, I don’t water until runoff because I don’t like to waste nutrients.

Comment

I only use phd plain water one watering every 3 weeks or so, otherwise I feed them every time. Unless I'm having an issue of some sort. I run off every time, nothing crazy

Comment

I just finished my first coco grow after using soil for years, I never ran plain PH water between feedings. I fed a light mix (50 percent of recommended) with every feeding. I only fed 1x per day, so the runoff was crucial in my opinion to get the residual salts out of the soil. I found that the ppm of my runoff was quite high. I was feeding one gallon one time per day to my mature plants. I also ran calmag with every feeding and STILL had a calcium deficiency on one plant, so I’d say yes with the calmag.
        2x4 AC Infinity tent
        Timber 3VL (320 watt from the wall. (previous HID grower)
        FFOF Soil grower, General Hydro Flora Series nutes
        AC Infinity fans (exhaust and oscillating pole fans)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X