X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Ak-47 outdoor grow - need help please

Hello,
    First time posting gere.
    I need help from you guys, I'm helping a friend of mine who has an AK-47 regularis growing on a 40l vase, outdoor and we've been having some problems.

This grow was a bit precocious since theethe seed germinated and was put on soil on the 30th of March. From what I read most AK-47 outdoor grows are done a bit later on the summer since its harvest is done in late September/ October.

Anyway, the plant has been transplanted twice already, and the soil is from a label called Gold Label, as are the nutrients (but from their mix my friend only bought Soil A, Soil B, Ultra Mg and Ultra Pk).
    Since it's been hard to visit my friends house I've been trying to help as much as possible from afar, since I've done 2 grows before but never this strain and never had as much trouble with it.

The plant, as was in the late phase of the vegetative state, was fimmed and a few low stems were supercropped, since I advised him to cut them but he was very reluctant to do so and in an attempt to improve the yield of those stems we decided to stress train them.
    I also took some bottom and upper leafs that were in the shade.

Now since it was a regular seed my friend was afraid it would be a male but in the end of May it started pre-flowering. Ever since, even with the Ultra Mg and Ultra Pk, the flowering stage seems to be evolving very slowly, even though the plant is growing in size.

A week or so ago my friend sent me a few allarming photos. The stems that were supercropped started to darken, in the place the stems were broken. I advised him to take the tape off only when the stems were completely healed but I'm not sure that happened and I'm afraid a fungus infected the plant in those stems.
    I'm posting some of the photos for you to see. Ever since these lower stems have become even darker. Whatever it is I think the safest thing is to cut them but give me your advice, specially since it the main stem has already a few dark spots.

He found some bugs in the leafs that seem to be aphids, but he says they're very few.

Some leafs became very yellowish, at first I thought it was nitrogen deficiency but with those dark spots I'm starting to think it isnt. Anyway today my friend told me there's also been some yellow leafs in some top branches, but I'm really not sure what to think of it.
    I will be trying to go and see the plant tonight or tomorrow but I wanted to have some of your feedback before doing so.

Thank you very much guys, all help is appreciated.

​​​​​​

Well hard to judge but here's what i think.......she still needs a bit of N even in bloom. Loosing lower yellow leaf is normal she's gone this long so she doesn't look real bad just lighter than normal. Do you see her tips going into flower does she have flower? You may of started the bloom feed to early and she still needed the Nitro.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Thysanoptera
      Thysanoptera commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you mate! The plant was being underfed, I gave my friend a ml per l fertilizing instructions and he was giving around 3l of water but giving the nutrient quantity for a litre only.
      I ceased with the Pk, should I keep giving it Mg though?

She would like a pot twice the size I think. And yes still needs some nitrogen. Got 2 or 3 months to go yet she's hungry. Keep am eye on the bugs and the joints after supper cropping usually turn dark or brown black in my experience. Hasn't really started to flower much yet. Take it easy on the pk for a month or so. Where are you located, roughly just so I know the weather timeline?
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Thysanoptera
      Thysanoptera commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm from Portugal, near Lisbon!
      Thanks a lot, that's helpful to hear, I thought the tuning brown was a fungus but I've visited the plant and it doesnt seem to be anything of the sort.
      The plant is getting bushier and is around 1m tall, do you really think it needs a bigger vase? Truth be told there are a lot of roots popping under the base but this is a 40l vase.
      It hasnt flowered a lot, but it hás started to.
      Unfortunattely I do think the problem was that it was being underfed, I've given some "orders" so that it gets more fertilized

I've visited the plant yesterday and will be visiting it today again to see how it's doing. I pruned it, taking off the leafs that were really yellow, and gave my friend better instructions on how much fertilizers to give the plant, since he's giving around 3l of water to the plant but using the dosage of ml/l I gave him as it was for 1l only, that's why I think it was looking so hungry.
    We stopped with the Pk, at least until it starts flowering decently, but should we keep giving it Mg? It hás started to flower but only very slightly so I'm not sure wether or not I should give it Mg.

The vase is a 40l vase, but since some of you have said it will still take some time before its harvest time, should I transplant it to a bigger vase? The plant is getting bushier and is at least 1m tall, according to some of the info I've read that shouldnt be necessary to transplant it again but there are a ton of roots popping out from under the vase and I dont want to strangle the plant.

I've found what I think are mealybugs, but in very small number. Should I be worried? Some of the leafs I pruned seemed to have some markings that could be bug bites but I'm not sure. If someone could examine the photos and give me their feedback would be great.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X