Are these pollen sacs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these pollen sacs?

So, I got this weird thing on my OG Kush fem, its pollen sacs? Should I worry about it?

Click image for larger version  Name:	1937e907-9923-432d-82de-d5e8845f528d.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.0 KB ID:	420857Click image for larger version  Name:	7f49ba8f-827a-4f40-8a42-c0e313224935.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.6 KB ID:	420858

Howdy mozzarella, I realy can't tell from those photos. Can You post some more with only natural light?
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

That 2nd picture looks like a pollen sac, but as DW2 said, get a few more pictures with natural light
      Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
      Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Better light & different angles plz but in the top pic- the node above the main subject looks female to me. But then I'm not the most experienced opinion you're gonna find so take it for what it's worth lol.

Comment

JDU you're definitely right I can see flowers on that plant

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
          300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

better? DW2 Gjourney101

Comment

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              HOT DAWG! Those look female to me! They are definitively showing stigmas (pistils, to some)!

• mozzarella
              mozzarella commented
              Editing a comment
              DW2 lol english isn't my native language as you can see, so sometimes I can't express myself exactly how I wanted! but I was sure that the plant was female, I was afraid it could be a hermie by stress you know? but now I'm more confident that it's just a weird-ass big pistil (or stigma) hahaha

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Even if it is a hermie, in my experience, the seeds produced are female. All of my last four grows were from hermied seeds, and they all turned out to be female.
              And as far as Your use of English goes, You are doing better than most 'native' speakers!!

Those look like pollen sacs to me. The rest of your plant has burst into white pistils. Are there any other places where you might see these sacs?

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
            300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• mozzarella
              mozzarella commented
              Editing a comment
              nope, just this branch

Don't get rid of your plant though. Just carefully remove the pollen sacs eith a knife without contaminating the pistils

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
            300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

I vote female. I can see the stigmas or hairs.
              Last edited by Korn; 06-24-2020, 02:31 PM.
              If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• DW2
                DW2 commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with Korn , on more levels than one (lol)!

Korn you think it could be hermie? Those look like unopened sacs

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
              300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• mozzarella
                mozzarella commented
                Editing a comment
                I am not sure if its just a big pistil or a sac. they are feminized so if it's a sac, its hermie

The last two pictures in “normal light”
              I only see calyx’s?
              covered in trichomes and with a pistils?
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I think you're safe. Time will tell. Don't stress yet. Plant looks great.
                Have faith.
                🙂

Comment

Pollen sacs.

Comment

• mozzarella
                    mozzarella commented
                    Editing a comment
                    since may 22, its an autoflower

• CaptainWiese91
                    CaptainWiese91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You Can also just have sacs under the nodes, without nanners.
                    If this is the case, you can look out for the sacs and cut them off before the burst with pollen and mature.
                    I have one in my last grow that did that. And I had no seeds at all in my buds. Just jarred 5 plants today. Trimmed all last week.
                    So it can be done even if it’s making sacs, but you need to be on the look out everyday

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did not know that.
                    Cool- I like to learn something new every day.

Please see the pdf file i have attached. Good basic info on cannabis culture. Pages 10-15. For text and diagrams. Good luck

By the way, i decided to educate myself today Concerning the names of the parts of the male and female Cannabis flowers. OCHMMASTER 2.pdf

Male flower:
                  Sepals-the outer covering of the male flowers which are often referred to as “balls”. When these sepals open they reveal the Anthers (called bananas or nanners by some) where the male pollen is produced.

Female flower:
                  Bract - Outer covering of the female flower that houses the mature seed and becomes covered with trichomes.
                  Calyx - a translucent layer, not easily visible, that covers the ovule located at the female flower’s base.
                  Pistil - the part of the female flower that contains the reproductive parts that eventually create the seeds after pollination. It lies within the Brachts and is not usually visible.
                  Stigmas - the famous white or reddish hairs that show up in pairs and are connected to the pistil. They help in collecting the pollen from the air and transferIng it to the pistil of the female flower.

Technically, what many people are calling calyxes are really called bracts. What many are calling pistils are really called stigmas.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Korn; 06-24-2020, 03:03 PM.
                  If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

I thought I saw a pistil, but? Or maybe it was a Putty Tat. If it is an isolated occurrence, then as I recall, if it does turn out to be a pollen sac, it could be that the female is so stressed in looking for a male that she creates her own "male", which means that there would be only female chromosomes in the pollen. Which is different than a hermaphroditic plant which has both sets. This would give rise to female seeds if that pollen is used. Rare but possible? But death to herms in my book of commandments! Don't want those in my seed stock! Has anyone else heard or read about this? I believe this is covered in "Marijuana Botany" but I can't check to verify, as my book is on loan to a friend starting a grow dispensary. He's looking to bone(meal) up on his knowledge. Not sure how, or if, this concept is affected by indoor/outdoor growing though. Or just snip those suckers diligently as Captain suggested to be on the safe side. It be looking good regardless!
                    Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

• mozzarella
                      mozzarella commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There are definitely pistils (or stigmas as our friend Korn told us) coming from inside the "ball". I will be watching for the next hours if it changes for a more banana like shape. tomorrow I will send new photos, thanks for your comment!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X