Tragic first grow - 1970's teenager.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tragic first grow - 1970's teenager.

Thought I'd relate this as a bit of light entertainment.
    Story is absolutely true.
    I was 17, living with my parents and had been indulging in the joys of weed for a year or so unbeknown to them. They were pretty conservative & not into anything counter culture.
    Logical step for a cash strapped teenager was to grow some of my own. Easy.
    Summer 1977 - 78 (Southern hemisphere) I dropped some bagseed into 3 - 4 buckets of dirt & placed them on my rooftop.
    All went well until around 5 - 6 weeks in when a neighbour mentioned to my folks he'd seen me on the rooftop a bit.
    I made some lame excuse which smoothed things over.
    First chance I had I climbed back up there & threw the grow over the side - pots and all. Panicked.
    No harvest but no bust either. Hard lesson.
    When told my adult daughter the story she thought it was one of the funniest things ever.
    Keep it Kooky.

Better to follow your gut. Better safe than sorry...you made the right choice cause you didn’t get caught!
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Do you really think your folks would have called the cops on you??? Were they THAT conservative?
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Korn
        Korn commented
        Editing a comment
        May have tanned that hide though.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Better than a bust!!!!!

• JazzCat
        JazzCat commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell no. Mum was pretty chill given her generation. Dad was 6 feet 2 and around 280 lb. He was a guy it paid to get along with. I was 17.

Too funny! No way I could’ve pulled that off. I wouldn’t have made it 5-6 days before my dad noticed buckets of weed on his roof 😂

Comment

My first shot at it (circa 1991) didn't make it much past the seedling stage. I had a bagseed sprouted out in a styrofoam cup under a desk lamp in my closet. Mom never caught me. I killed it with a big dose of fish emulsion it obviously was not ready for. I threw it all out and gave up until about three years ago. Back then, I used to literally score weed in my sleep anyway.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X