outside setup for drying marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outside setup for drying marijuana

Does anybody have any good ideas for drying weed outdoors? I have 2 autos growing outdoors (1 Northern Lights and 1 Amnesia) and I am looking for a way to dry them outside if possible so I don't have the smell in my house. Any body have any good ideas on this topic? I do have a pretty good size deck that I could hide a container of some sort under. I appreciate any advice.

Hmm. Wherever you dry them at, theybhave to have the right temperatures. Too hot and your bud will mold.
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

• quietlybinary
      quietlybinary commented
      Editing a comment
      In addition to temperature, the drying space should also be light proofed as much as possible to prevent thc degradation.

Not sure how hot it is in your location but if not too hot (85F or less) you could stop watering them for 3-4 days, put them in a large cardboard box under your deck, don’t water them any more, keep them dry, if it looks like rain is coming cover with plastic tarp over box, on good weather days leave box flaps somewhat opened for ventilation. This the idea...let the plant die and dry slowly while still in its pot. This will also let some curing begin. Once the plant is looking kinda dead and dying, then it can be clipped off, hung in a paper bag, and finished inside in a closet until dry. If its too hot and humid you must take care that the bud does not rot. Good luck! Plan B could entail finding a place indoors (not necessarily your house) where the temperature and humidity could be controlled.
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

I put a dehumidifier in a room with AC, set the humidity at 50% and the AC to 76*F, lay the bud out on racks, jar, burp, smoke. Above 50% RH you can get mold.

Comment

Originally posted by gman420 View Post
        Does anybody have any good ideas for drying weed outdoors? I have 2 autos growing outdoors (1 Northern Lights and 1 Amnesia) and I am looking for a way to dry them outside if possible so I don't have the smell in my house. Any body have any good ideas on this topic? I do have a pretty good size deck that I could hide a container of some sort under. I appreciate any advice.
        if you can find a stable temperature and dry-ish location sure ...in the shade simply hang a line
        hang the buds in their stalks and either drape a clothe or sheet of paper over the buds or drop a paper bag over them

low and slow is the best keep in mind light looses thc potentcy

good luck

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X