Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Main branch too tall

Hey guys!

I am growing this Northern Lights autoflower and it’s my first time growing so i haven’t been too wild with the LST.. and now i have ran into something that might end up as an issue eventually.

I’m doing my best to keep this main branch as low as possible, but it continues streching in a faster pase than most the other branches. I have kept these small 30+30 watt leds really close to the top, in hopes it doesn’t continue streching, but it still are.. so i guess my first question is, should i continue having the small leds really close (maybe even closer?), or are that just making it worse? My ’big lamp’ is a 90 watt led and i only have a 40x40x80cm tent (15,75x15,75x31,5 inches), which is why i am getting a bit concerned about the stretching. (Also i have no other option than this tent)

Is there anything i could do to prevent the streching, or should i just let it grow and hope for the best?

another note: i’m 5 weeks in from when the seed sprouted out of the soil
    Attached Files

I'd suggest topping the plant a few nodes down if you can't find any other solution. I don't grow autos so I know stressing it like that will reduce yields so I'd use it only as a last resort
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Bend it over or chop the top off about 2-3 inches.
      If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

You can always supercrop it, Or i bent mine over last grow and it worked as well as super cropping without damaging the plant. Just need some soft coated garden wire(most hardware stores). Gradually bend the longer stalk horizontal, and the wire will hold it in place.
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
        Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
        Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• Korn
          Korn commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice demo!

• Ganjaman420
          Ganjaman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice demo indeed, thank you!

Bend it over, break it over, the plant will luv it and produce more for you.
        In my experience topping and training autos makes more and tighter buds. That would be because the light can get to the buds more even.

Comment

Alright guys, thanks for all the answers!😊 I will try bending it before breaking it or chopping it off, i’ll give you guys an update on how it goes!

Comment

So, here we go.. the bending went great and i didn’t break any branches, so hopefully this will keep her down for a little while. Should i keep the smaller lamps this close or will that just boost her height growth?

another question: do you recommend defoliating at this point?

Comment

Definitely defoliate, nice work on bending it.

Comment

• Ganjaman420
                Ganjaman420 commented
                Editing a comment
                Alright. Thanks!

Try and tuck as many leaves in as you can before you defoliate. You'll be surprised at what you can expose just by doing that. And maybe try and bend you smaller lights down closer to the shorter branches in the front. See if you can get them to stretch up. Nice job at bending.. You do know that main tip is gonna turn straight back up again right? probably by tomorrow or sooner it'll make a 90 degree straight back up to the light.
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
              Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
              Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• Ganjaman420
                Ganjaman420 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have been tucking the leaves but some of them are getting kinda out of control. Yeah, i have noticed that the branches are quick on bending back up, will it stay bent longer if i supercrop it, or do you recommend supercropping at all? Or should i just try to continue to tie it back down once it straightens up?

• homegrown
                homegrown commented
                Editing a comment
                super cropping will tend to do the same. I just continued on with bending..just takes a little fiddlin around. And some of the leaves just gotta go..lol. Dont take too much off too quickly after you lst..see how it responds to your bondage first.

• Ganjaman420
                Ganjaman420 commented
                Editing a comment
                Alright, thank you!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X