Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE: 1960 seeds, Jamacian Red / Columbian Gold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE: 1960 seeds, Jamacian Red / Columbian Gold!

Update! Seeds from the 1960's are actually doing really well! Going to continue with the plan to breed & clone them as I believe I have 2 Jamacian Reds (1M & 1F) and 1 Coloumbian Gold (F)!

Just wanted to show everyone, if you want some better pics let me know and I'll bring them out to daylight for some photos!

Happy Growing!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Smokey200618; 06-19-2020, 12:32 AM.

Mmmm. Love them Sativa Landraces!! I hope it works out!

Comment

I am following too, Luv the landraces!

Comment

I’m in too, would love some natural light pics but when the action (flowering) starts, that bud development should be interesting. You used gibberilic acid? Or just water? To germinate he old seeds I mean

Comment

• Smokey200618
          Smokey200618 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just posted some natural light pics!
          I tried just water as I am trying to use as little chemicals as possible. I have never heard of Gibberolic Acid before but I'm going to look into it as I have more seeds from the 60's to try later on!

Ok so now we all want seeds or clones.

In for the show. This is cool man. Using my 60's lingo

Comment

If you are willing to sacrifice some bud for seed production, I’m sure you wont regret it it. You will have some great trading material of some seeds that are hard to find nowadays.
          If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Some day light pictures!

These were all started at the same time, so I'm thinking the tall one is gonna be the Columbian Gold and the two shorter ones I'm thinking Jamacian Red, but I could be totally wrong about which one is which! Can't wait to flower and find out. Will be taking clones of all just in case something goes wrong.

Out of 50+ seeds, only four started and out of four only three made it. Fingers crossed for the best outcome! I have more seeds from the 60's to give a try but waiting these ones out first.
            Attached Files

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              they look great

Lookin good!

Comment

Just curious. Were these some seeds you saved from the 1960s or were they some seeds you received from someone who claimed they were from the 1960s? The plants look good but they aren’t really screaming landrace Sativa as far as the leaf characteristics and growth pattern of the main stem and side branches. Maybe the tall one a lil bit as far as growth pattern is concerned. Hope they are what you believe they are.

Comment

• Smokey200618
                Smokey200618 commented
                Editing a comment
                They are my husbands seeds who was hardcore into it back in the day. He doesn't smoke anymore, now I do! Amazing how time changes things.

They had a rough start to life as I'm a first time grower and almost killed them lol. They have turned around though, so I'm hoping I haven't stunted them too bad.

Posted another question but thought I'd put it here as well!

Quick update and some questions about flowering for the old Jamacian Red and Columbian Golds.

Update - They are doing awesome! One is around 6ft tall and the other two are about a foot behind. ALL THREE ARE FEMALE! So I have taken clones and am going to try and hermie one to get feminized seeds.

Question + Details - I origionally started these plants from seed back in March, indoors under a 900W LED and controlled temperatures. Once they got too large for my grow room I moved them outside. Due to the extreme heat and light difference, the plants were a little unhappy so I sheilded them from the harsh change by putting a small canopy above them and lined the plants up around the edge that recieves the most sunlight. The canopy is the sort that you would sit underneath to protect yourself from direct sunlight. Fast forward around a month to today, and there are a few white hairs sticking out but no actual buds yet.

So my question is, are they getting enough sunlight or should I now remove the canopy? They are likely adjusted enough now for the canopy to be removed but that brings me to my second concern.

My second concern is that these plants (from what I understand) take 14 weeks to flower properly which will bring me into the beginning of November. In my area we have been known to get snow as early as October. They are now too big to be brought inside.

Where they currently sit, they are recieving 10-12 hours of sunlight / day (even if I removed the canopy), however I can move them if needed.

So which do you think would be the best option? Remove the canopy and hope the snow doesn't fall too soon? Or leave the canopy and allow them to flower the way they are? Move them into full direct sunlight for more hours / day? Are they getting enough light?

As a last resort I can always purchase more LEDs and put the plants into a shed but I am trying to avoid this. All opinions and suggestions are greatly apprecaited.

Thanks so much!

Comment

Some new pics
                Attached Files

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m pretty sure you’ll be arite. I’m sure those plants won’t take 14 weeks to flower. But if the cold approaches you might need to place indoors the last weeks. It they where the Sativa landraces that take that long to flower they’ll also never stop growing, the stem between nodes keeps growing during flowering, I’ve had one of those and grew out of control.

I would go ahead and make my clones of the plants you choose to propagate. I would remove the canopy from your big plants and give them full sun. If you are going to leave the plants outdoors, I would modify one of my canopies so it can be totally enclosed to block the light coming in, then I would restrict the light to 12 hours a day to initiate budding NOW. This will entail moving the plants under the canopy light blocking tent every day (or moving the tent over the plants may be easier). If you start now you may be able to get them budded before a hard freeze. If it’s just a frost or two, the canopy tent can protect them enough if you add a small electric oil radiator Type heater.

Comment

I concur. They are most likely gonna be long flowering so you'll wanna git em started asap.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X