PH issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PH issues

Every time I check my ph in the soil, I’m at 7.5-8. I’ve tried using “PH down” for a week, But it’s still at about 8. Any thoughts how to lower it?

There are a few organic ways to lower the pH over time. I'm unfamiliar eith them you'll have to look them up or wait on another answer, but your water should be slightly lower than what you want it to be. Since pH will naturally raise over time, using water with a pH of 5.9 -6.0 will allow it to settle in the 6.5 range
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Also, you are using the pH down in the water right, not judt appending it to the soil?
      Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

• Dogs1096
        Dogs1096 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I’m mixing it with water. Getting the ph to about 6, then watering my plants.

I use pelleted sulfur for PH down in organic soils, and buffer that with Pelleted Dolomite, just stir it into the soil and let the plants move it as they need. IF you use perlite, beware using powdered water soluble sulfur as it will crash the PH to below 4 very fast. Sulfur does this by mixing with water and forming sulfuric acid.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Also peat moss has an average 3.5 PH and can be cut into the soil.

it might be time for a flush if nothing else is doing it. what kind of soil are you using?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X