• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Heat option to protect plants from the Heat

Click image for larger version

Name:	85CB008D-7F71-46DE-8674-56663362CA1D.jpeg
Views:	192
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	418784 I am in Nor Cal and today Again its a Hot one 101 . So growing out Doors Here in NorCal I had to Devise somthing to hide my plants through Heat waves and Wind and oddly enough before harvest Rain . I don’t know if it helps your grow to be protected but I put my plants on moving carts with old metal Grates. The smart pots get a lot more CO2 underneath the pot through the metal grates you could see the drainage too when you are watering
    420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
    Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
    2 Lemon Skunk Plants
    (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
    CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Heck ya way to be on top of the grow. When it does get hot here i'll also spray the pots down. It's a big challenge doing out door so many things to go wrong and pay attention to.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• 420chicano
      420chicano commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Buddy!

Here in OK it has been hot as well, already up to triple digits with no rain for 3 weeks or so (may get some in the next few days). I grabbed some 40-50 YO hey and covered the ground, up the sides of the pots. The soil is using less water now than before, so I think the roots are staying cooler.

Comment

I don't know if it would work with your current setup, 420chicano, but one thing you might try is evaporative cooling. Basically, you get a tray or plant saucer big enough to hold the pot, fill the tray with small rocks or similar and then fill the tray with just enough water so the pot is sitting on the stones above a layer of water (not enough water to reach the pot, of course...you don't want the pot sitting in water, obviously). What happens is the water evaporates and in doing so it lowers the air temperature for a few feet immediately above and around the tray. it works great and it's actually kinda cool! (no pun intended). BTW this only works if the air is dry. Another thing that would help with the heat is using light-coloured rather than dark-coloured pots.

Comment

That is a great system, you can easily protect your plants. In NW Oregon, the weather problem is the opposite. I rarely have to get them in the shade, but it can rain a lot June and September.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X