Calmag and kelp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calmag and kelp

Hello again friends so I have another question. Iv'e never used calmag before and after burning my plants a bit with there last feeding iv'e decided its time. My question is can I add it to my water that I have mixed with kelp?.......................diluted kelp because I got to horny with it last time lol or is it best to have it on it's own and alternate feedings?

Soil? coco? Hydro? Promix?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

super soil and potting soil mix in 3g fabric pots

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        While you can add Cal Mag to your watering it shouldn't be necessary in soil/supersoil grows. A little more info and pictures would help, how old is your plant?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	418775Click image for larger version

Views:	820
Size:	3.36 MB
ID:	418774Click image for larger version

Views:	819
Size:	4.25 MB
ID:	418773Click image for larger version

Views:	819
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	418772 the first picture is a sour kush seed that sprouted April 23. The other 2 are incridibulk clones that were put into soil April 12. ( clones were purchased) There fed seaweed and kelp extract in Ph’d water at 5.7 there fed every other watering and are watered 3oz each every second to third day. Temps in my tent are 29 during the day and 22 at night with Rh of 43% and 55% at night I have 2 2000 watt leds and one 1200 watt with a 110watt t5 underneath.
      Attached Files

Comment

That attached pic is just my healthy girls can’t leave them out lol. Oh the plants are also on a 16/8 still and the sour kush was topped a week ago and the other two were fimmed 2 weeks ago almost

Comment

• Willyd
          Willyd commented
          Editing a comment
          there all about 8" tall with the lights 24" away

Click image for larger version

Name:	4593A304-8DB3-4BDD-8F44-69792E040F83.jpeg
Views:	787
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	418843Click image for larger version

Name:	1F1C6A77-A424-4EA1-8131-0F08787E55BE.jpeg
Views:	787
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	418841Click image for larger version

Name:	7CE185E2-392C-45A2-A01D-8342415921AE.jpeg
Views:	792
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	418842 These are pictures of my chemdog millionaire clone put in soil May 8th. Some of the new growth is also showing signs of burning or am I wrong?

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I see no signs of burn. I would suggest raising your PH in the water to 6.3-6.7ph this is a better range for supersoil. This should fix the problem with the first set of pictures up there, the one with the yellow leaf needs some nitrogen and correct ph could help that so start there.

Kelp is always good IMO and cal/mag can rarely be in excess to damage but I see no need for cal mag. I'd start with pH.

Now when are you going to flower?

Awesome thank you so much. I actually just ph’d more water today at 6.2 so I’ll bump it up a bit. I’m really not to sure when I’m going to switch them I’d like them to get at least 12”. I’ve been practicing cloning and am waiting for a new humidome to arrive i’d Like to take some clippings from the chemdog because of how well it’s taken off. With them in 3gallon pots and I didn’t plan on repotting I feel like it’s going to have to happen sooner than later.

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          With 3 gal. Pots, supersoil, and time passing you will need to feed them at some point.

would you recommend feeding them with calmag and kelp at that point? i'm going to continue feeding them kelp now that I know i'm not causing the yellowing by overdoing it. Still diluted the food just to be safe.

Comment

• Willyd
          Willyd commented
          Editing a comment
          NPK, Top dressing? what the heck is that lol

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Nitrogen
          Potassium
          Phosphorus
          Top dressing is adding fresh soil to the top of the pot then watering the new nutrients into the existing soil.

• Willyd
          Willyd commented
          Editing a comment
          thank you so much Mr.Furley!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X