Leaf tips browning and crispy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaf tips browning and crispy

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some advice for my seedlings. They are approximately two weeks old and were planted in mushroom compost and composted cow manure with a layer of topsoil and I mixed in perlite and some with vermiculite. They are being kept in a tent with 24 hours of light of which is a 600 watt LED that was approximately 18 to 24 inches away. I've been watering lightly, just enough to keep the soil moist. Humidity is About 60% and temp is About 75°.

About two days ago I noticed some of the Leaf tips were Browning and getting crispy as well as some color loss around the edges so I suspected light burn and moved it up. I have not introduced nutrients of any kind yet. They've also not grown very much for being 2 weeks old imo but this is only my second grow.

Thanks for your help in advance!

I think your grow mix might be too hot for seedlings. Have you pH'ed your water? Do you have more seeds? You may want to start a couple more seeds in something more inert, check out the Fox Farm line for a good example of grow products. The ones you have going might make it, I'd give them only water and lots of light and love for the next week and see how they do.

Comment

Thank you for the reply! I suspected that as well. I'll see how these do and go from there!

Comment

With my LED 18" is to close for a seedling, 24+" is what it recommends for veg. The soil may be to hot as well BTDT, IF they live they'll adjust to it, I would not add any nutes for some time (after transplant)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X