Transplanting flowering plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Transplanting flowering plants

Hello everybody, i’m beginner grower this is my second grow indoor, i have autos and unfortunetaly i made pretty big mistake, i couldn’t properly control the size of plant by training and i have very small pot size and plant is already flowering min. One month , the biggest plant showing some problems like yelowing leaves and droopy leaves while the smaller plants is ok , i think is definetly root bound ( the size of pot is max. 10l and plant is about 130cm tall, drinking water very fast and the pot is obviously too small for the plant size )
    so i want to ask if i can transplant plant which is already flowering , thank you

Hi,
    I'm a newbie also, and in the middle of my first grow. I had similar issues with yellowing/brown leaves on one plant. They were in 7l pots that were definitely too small. I transplanted them even though they wereawere several weeks in flowering into ~15-16l pots. They seem to have taken it well! The spreading significantly reduced/stopped on the affected plant, and the others still look healthy.
    But please wait on comments from more experienced growers

Comment

• Philou38
      Philou38 commented
      Editing a comment
      And I have to admit transplanting was scary! You just need to take your time

Hi Jiminycricket...I've been growing for a little over a year. I grow in soil. And I have no experience with Auto's, so it could be a bit different for you. My plants have all been photo fems. I made the rookie mistake of over watering my last grow. I transplanted all four of my plants while they were in flower. Not recommended but I was desperate. The girls didn't seem to mind at all. Good luck with your grow.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

It sounds good,I'm afraid that if I don't do something, it will end badly, I'd rather risk it and transplant it many thanks

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck with the job of transplanting.

A three gallon pot is usually about right for autos. Get some quality growing soil and a bag of perlite,mix about 25 or 30% ratio. Fill your new pot about halfway and place the small pot in it to use as a mold to shape a perfect fitting hole then fill in around it pack lightly and slightly moisten with phed water to retain it's shape. Gently squeeze to loosen or cut away the old pot, place your hand over the pot with the plant stem between your fingers, upend and work her out then plop her in the hole. Try and remember the heft weight of the dry pot to help you know when and how much to water. Read the growing basics tutorials at the top of the GWE home page. Then when you have questions ask away. You got this dude. Click image for larger version  Name:	015.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	418158Click image for larger version  Name:	016.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	418159

Comment

I read the tutorials but too late 😭 thank’s lot for support

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          How did you do OK ?

IF you use cloth pots you can plant it pot and all, roots will grow through them (cept the"smart pot" brand). There is a thread you can dig up on growing autos in solo cups to the finish, I was amazed! I would up pot it too, and then give her some Voodoo Juice to help prevent shock, and encourage root growth.

Comment

Now i’m not sure if symphtoms are from small pot because now smaller plants start have issues also, so i first check ph but , i dont understand how to check ph from reading tutorials because in my understanding i want to first check ph of soil but i read only something that you must mix all nutrients which i use and then check ph of this water and then of the run of and I don't understand how I can find out the pH with this maybe it’s because i dont speak english properly
          can anyone try to help me ? 😂

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure would help with a photo?

I bought this ph tester

Comment

Actually the soil will have same ph like the water which i’m using for watering ? Maybe i’m only stupid that’s the main problem 😩 sorry for stupid questions

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              the plant jimmy not the tester the problem plant picture

finally i have some pictures maybe it will help and also there is some info , so you can find out the problem
            it is autos
            almost 10 weeks old
            using organic nutrients biobizz - bio grow , bio bloom , alga mic , top max , bio heaven ,
            if you need more info just ask thank you vry much guys

Comment

If all that gold is large fan leaf, it looks to be fall colours, it is normal for the plant to eat those leaves and drop them.
              The forth pic looks like she may be in need, can we get pics with better colour?

Comment

i know that some older and big leaves will fall but it’s rising up pretty rapidly , when i check tutorials the problem looks like magnesium deficency maybe i can try add cal-mag ? And ph little up like 6,8 ?
                Ok i will try get some better pics later now i’m out

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X