Yellowing leaf tips after feeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing leaf tips after feeding

I am growing 2 gorilla glue auto flowers in ffof. They are in 10 gallon smart pots(too big I know). Ph of water going in is around 6.5. Growing under electric sky v2 600w. I water a gallon each, every time the top inch is almost dry, about every 2-3 days. Here are pictures of my girls 2 days ago. If you look close you can see some brown spots on a few of the leaves. So I fed them 2ml of ff big bloom and tiger bloom and 5ml of grow big for each plant. This is less than half what the bottle says. In the next post I’ll add pictures of the results.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hrrmph; 06-14-2020, 07:14 AM.

Here are the results 2 days later. So what do you think? I’m hoping this is just the plant adjusting to more nutrients.
    Edit: on further inspection I think I am seeing signs of light burn. The leaves are kind of folding up. In response I have moved the light about 5 inches up. Is that enough?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hrrmph; 06-14-2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Have you read about magnesium deficiency?
      the way the leaves are “fading” in the color could look like that.
      are you feeding it some cal mag?

Is doesn’t look like a light burn too me.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Hrrmph
        Hrrmph commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I have been using cal mag but at about half strength. You may have been picking up on deficiencies but I did overwater. The whole plant is showing it now. Thanks for the response!

Along with a magnesium deficiency it looks overwatered. Instead if feeling the top soil start picking the pot up, don’t water it until it feels super light.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Overwatering can also show symptoms on deficiencies actually.
        Glad you mentioned overwatering ✌🏻

• Hrrmph
        Hrrmph commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow were you right! I won’t add a picture because it’s just so sad and you know what it looks like anyway, but the whole plant is now showing textbook overwatering. All I can do now is turn up the fans and wait I guess. Thanks for the response.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X