Need urgent advice - yellowing/necrosis early signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need urgent advice - yellowing/necrosis early signs

I bought this seed from local seedbank who claimed it was Amnesia Auto Sativa - own genetics

This seedling is about 2 weeks old, my first grow. Growing indoors in a tent with LED grow light (Mars Hydro 600w), in premixed Coco Coir with 30% Perlite, Fabric Pot

Using Nutrifield Coco A & B nutrients at the recommended levels for seedlings.

I am being a helicopter parent as it is my first grow but I am worried she is showing signs of a nutrient deficiency or possibly nutrient burn?

I have only recently in the last 3 days transplanted from her baby pot into the big fabric pot.

Before transplanting I buffered the coco in the big pot with the same nutrients and about 2 teaspoons of organic indoor plant food mix (because it has 5% Calcium and 2% Magnesium)
    http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...12262000&ver=0

Link for the plant food I used above

As she is still rather small I have only been watering every 2 days and waiting until I feel the coco is lighter but not super dry (Note the algae that can be seen in the yesterday photo was from the pre-transplant pot)

I have noticed the yellowing around the leaf tips has become worse and is starting on the new growth as well as the old leaves. Looks

PH of my feed has been about 6.2 but noticed PH of my runoff is 6.9-7 so I the last feed I did I dropped the PH down to 5.9 and still the runoff was 6.8

After consulting reference photos and info I decided it looks like Magnesium Deficiency and/or PH lockout so I added some Epsom Salts to the top of the coco yesterday and also gave a bit in a foliar spray.

You can see the problem has become a bit worse so I am now about to do a flush with PH 6 or 5.8 water, however the Coco is light to lift but not completely dry. I can still squeeze moisture out of it in my hand.

One other thing I noticed is what I previously thought were specks of dirt on the leaves, may actually be some kind of small mite or bug?

They are too small to see with my eyes clearly but I have smushed a couple in my fingers trying to work out if they are bugs or dust. (They kinda seemed to smush like a tiny bug)

They look like tiny round light brown dots?

UPDATE: Have determined these are most likely scale insects. Have tried to squish all I could find and sprayed the leaves with Neem oil
    UPDATE: I Flushed with PH 6 water last night and she is showing signs of being overwatered now unsurprisingly (droopy

She is also growing new leaves down the bottom under the other ones, like she has stopped getting taller and is trying to grow sideways. She is already tiny I feel like at this rate she is going to be a bonsai tree lol.
    She is so short the new leaves will be on the dirt, I have raised the light a few times already to try get her to stretch and now the light is about 60-70cm off her top.

First day yellowing
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_108978.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	4.68 MB
ID:	416720

Second day more Yellowing and some necrosis

Name:	image_108979.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	5.12 MB
ID:	416725

Today

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.99 MB ID:	416728

Name:	image_108981.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	4.65 MB
ID:	416729
    Last edited by upinsmoke01; 06-13-2020, 07:49 PM.

upinsmoke01 my guess would be because you are watering so infrequently you are getting an increasing concentration of salts in the coco which is making it very hard for the plant to draw water out of the soil i.e. proper osmosis is not happening. coco should not be allowed to dry out. I would say give her a good watering with nutes at the appropriate strength, make sure to get about 20% runoff, repeat this twice a day for a few days and keep an eye on your runoff pH. to me the fact the runoff pH is so high indicates there is too much salt being held in the medium because of the infrequent watering. I would also recommend cocoforcannabis.com, lots of great info there. good luck!

Comment

duckman Thanks for the reply, I didn't notice the coco was ever getting too dry except when she was in her original pot I let her get too dry oneday and she was starting to curl and look starved. Feeding her fixed that problem but then after transplanting is when this problem started.

She is still not much more than a seedling in size which is why I didn't want to water too much even I am using Coco and fabric pots

Comment

understood, upinsmoke01 ... I am currently growing for the first time in coco and, boy, it is NOT like a soil grow! good luck!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X