Seedling to Harvest time: Auto Flower vs Photo Flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedling to Harvest time: Auto Flower vs Photo Flower

Hey! I read that Auto-Flower plants grow from seedling to Flower harvest in about 10 weeks. Is it true? I wrote to the company that sold me my Feminized seeds (Indica and Sativa) to ask about this and they claim that there is no difference in grow time between Auto and Photo flowering. Any comments on this? Thanks! JC

I guess if you veg yer photos for only 20 days then flip to 12s the time would be the same but idk why you'd want such a small harvest out of a photo. I guess if you have 100s of seeds to burn & run a sea of green or 12s from seedling maybe....?

Comment

Some autoflowers go from seed to harvest in 65 days - mine usually average about 90 days. But when mine are 60 days in I start 2 more seeds so after harvesting I have 2 more that are just going into flower - harvest 2 plants every 60 days or so.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JCD
        JCD commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi FarmerJoe, Thank you for the comments. How do they get seeds for Auto if all plants are females? There must be Auto males out there!

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I just finished an auto Amnesia Haze, I have never smoked the Photo version, but this one gets the job done. Took a while to grow though, next I would like to try some of the shorter grow versions.
        Day Weeks
        Grow 115 16
        Flower 78 11

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        I love when a question pops into my head and I can find the answer without having to ask anyone. My new seeds got here today, but I don't want to go insane; they are way too expensive! I ordered photo and will want to put 2-3 new plants in flower when the current ones get done. My guesstimate was 60 days between planting new seeds. Yay!

A photo can be grown out in short order for a small yield just as an auto gives a short term small yield.
      Autos do not clone well, their timer is running, nor can they be revegged.
      Photos can be cloned and cloned again and again to keep that pheno alive. Or revegged and grown out again
      Autos are finicky to nutes, and that big photo girls says bring it on!

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I give my autoflowers full strength nutes - they are flourishing cuz of it.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Last time I gave my autos the same nutes I give the big girls, I almost killed them. They had spots on the leaves in an hour, and I flushed them. They did survive, but mutated a bit!

True dat what he says it can vary by 2-3wks all depends on nothing interrupting the health of the plant.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

A thread with all the answers is the great auto show down thread. There are photos (and lots of pics too) in it grown with the autos. (long thread)

Comment

I read that Auto are from a cross with Ruderalis cannabis. The latter has no interesting psychoactive ingredient but is a robust variety that adapted to rough climate and does not wait for ideal conditions fo flower. It just goes after a certain time. When crossed with Sativa or Indica breeds, new plant has Ruderalis properties with the good stuff in it. Apparently there is a compromise in quality (it is less) and no topping or cloning are allowed. But supposedly it grows fast from seedling to harvest. I just wonder which breed of Auto behaves like this; obviously not all of them do so.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            There is a lot of work being done on autos to get the THC level to the same or even higher than its photo parent.
            All autos flower automatically, most start from 3 to 5 weeks old and finish between 56 and 120+ days old. My shortest has been about 90 days from sprout to harvest and the longest was 131 days.

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dutch-passions auto Cinderella jack, ended up with 25 % in THC and some from RQS autos the new ones, ended with 24 % And some where with 22%
            So they are already there; the autos that can compete with other photos.
            It’s all are up to the grower and the conditions they get.

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Couldn't have said it better Captain

I grow Auto Blueberry Domina and trim and start drying in the pot Day 65 from sprout. Just what is functional for me.

Comment

• FarmerJoe
            FarmerJoe commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks J C D,
            Thanks JCD,
            A good question. In this new Cyber age I have noticed through my experience. When checking seed banks to order seeds, Auto’s Always been female & that is the way Seedbanks Advertised and marketing them. Recently I noticed another category Auto feminized. Well I could have missed something but through the years every auto I've ordered has been Female.
            Amazing the changes the last few years. I can't document it, Even explain it.. something about this clone crossed it with another clone from this different strain to end up this. NAME IT [some of the newest names funny yet as Nebula Haze said Come on ya’ll we're trying to get this stuff legal. These crazy-ass name’s reinforce The old fashioned marijuana make you crazy theory] Not an exact quote that's what I got out of it and she's right.
            Back to point, The potency of Autos has improved greatly.
            Trying to make this short.. Learned I had a green thumb growing pot. The 80’s . The man shut me down 92. 150 [female Since] plants 6 to 12' high found, never Appeared nowhere. weeks after my crop disappears with no sign the law got them. Those days always reading in the paper... found plants street value 1000 a plant,even if seedling. Luckily I come out of it, never convicted of nothing. I was young I knew there was a chance of getting caught.it would suck. Life went on.1992 When the man knocking on the door, I had a daughter 2 years old. Never factored that in. Not being able to raise her would’ve killed me,Older and a lot more to lose. Thankfully Somehow how I come out, cost a few grand to a lawyer.Put Enough fear in me,I never planted another seed for 20 years. My daughter graduated class Valedictorian.
            A new world with seeds,WWW , Pictures of your Grow out there for God and everybody to see.Almost legal. Starting all over. I still have that green thumb,plant & listen to each plant,Give them what they need.. Actually have second generation Auto seeds that are kicking ass. Document & post pictures goes against everything. Unbelievable. I would have told you- you were crazy if U said I would post a picture on a computer of a marijuana plant .yet Here Am I.

Perpetual Harvests
          Set up: 6 x 6 Grow room https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...lies/smile.png [ Home made],2-spyder farmer,3 best VA. 12/12 Flowering...4X4 tent,18hours light for Autos and starting photos in veg. 2 mars hydro.
          Bonsai clones & feminized Started to move outdoors in season.
          2 Exhaust fans -- 3 Circulate intake fans. as needed, all wide open currently. Potting soil Mixed with homemade organic, perlite, peat moss, Worm castings.

“On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Had the same feelings a couple years ago FarmerJoe amazing

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X