No announcement yet.

What kind of deficiencies are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What kind of deficiencies are these?

Dears,

I'm attaching pictures for two plants. One is around 1 month old (we will call plant 1) and the second is almost 2 weeks old (we will call plant 2).

- Plant 1 is grown in soil, had some issues with nute burn lately and nothing worked till I flushed the soil. Now it's showing yellowing patterns mainly on the new leaves. I'm 99% there are no bugs. Plant is grown under a 130w LED with around 30k lumens.
    - Plant 2 is grown in coco and hasn't shown any problems except this discoloration of the stems. I believe this is calcium/mag deficiency but I am not sure. Coco has been buffered twice before using it. Grown under the same LED but receiving 15-20k lumens.

Can I please get some opinions from this wonderful community? Pictures below.

Plant 1 (I made some circles around this specific discoloration I am talking about):

Click image for larger version

Name:	osayara tall.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	416614

Name:	osayra focused.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	416613

Plant 2:

Name:	new.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	416612
    Attached Files

I have no idea from the situation you describe: could it be light burn???
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• katkootsharmoot
      katkootsharmoot commented
      Editing a comment
      Doubt it. I have a lux meter and I adjusted it to only 30k lux. It's far enough from the plants too and temp never exceeds 25c.

What is your Ph. ? what type of soil and how big is the pot ?? And do you feed the plant cal mag. ?
    or read about magnesium deficiency?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

CaptainWiese91 pH for the soil is 6.7-6.8 (tested some soil in little water). Plant 1 is grown in a 3L pot and I just moved it today to a 10L pot. Plant 2: pH for coco is 6. It's still in its small seedling cup.

I've read about magnesium and all other deficiencies but they are look very similar to me. That's why I came to the community because people here probably have better eyes for this and this is only my first grow.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
        What is your Ph. ? what type of soil and how big is the pot ?? And do you feed the plant cal mag. ?
        or read about magnesium deficiency?
        Also, plant 1 is grown in organic soil that should have all nutrients for couple of months. I don't add any more nutrients as the last time I did I experienced nute burn. Plant 2 I feed it NPK and CalMag twice a day.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Kat, I don't know what to say other than that if you're only feeding some nutes instead of everything the plant needs, that might cause problems. As for the bigger plant: sometimes I see weird stuff going on with leaves when the plant is young that go away as she grows stronger and bigger. Have those leaves turned green?

I’m my opinion your PH is a little on the higher side.
        but if you don’t think it’s your Ph.
        overall from what I can see from your picture. It’s not a big deal.
        Could easily be from your troubles with nute burn. And the PH is fluctuating..
        Is it progressed to newer leaves today ? O
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Which Ph should I aim for in your opinion? Also, can you tell me a reliable way to test the pH of the organic soil (I know for coco)?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            6,5-6,2 every feed or watering I give in that range. Some nutrients are better taken up by the roots around 6 ph.

I grow in soil to - but this PH meter I have I can use on both soil and water. I just stick in the soil and it will tell me temperature and PH levels in soil.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X