I have a mutant on my hands!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a mutant on my hands!

I started a new grow with two Blue Haze and one Critical. I started then from seed in a DWC setup.

One of the Blue Haze is a mutant. Mostly three finger leaves with some 5 finger. Its twice the size almost of the other Blue Haze. I manifolded all three. I flipped them to flower 10 days ago and the mutant started showing bud growth within days. It now has tons of white hairs all over and many tops. Its crazy. I have never seen this before. This pic is from 7 days in flower. The other plants are growing normal with no hairs yet as expected.

What do you guys think? I've never experienced a mutant before. All seeds were fem or supposed to be anyway. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

That thing might just be a monster producer! I haven't seen a mutant in my garden yet. I have monstercropped a Purple Haze plant. I saw insane production from it under a T5 no less. I had to shut down growing for a year and a half - it was either that or find a distributor.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I don't see anything out of the normal that would constitute mutation - these plants all grow a bit different - unless you are growing clones.

Your plants look great!
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotta agree with my good friend here. Those 3 fingered petioled sugar leaves tell a bit of what the flower structure will be (airy and foxtaily) and can occur as a reaction to certain stress but some plants just seem to grow like that. This is not the mutation from the old OG myth. That is 3 fingers overlapping to point at the same direction while the rest of the leaf is broad

It is rather odd that all the new leaf has only 3 finger i'm only seeing this with revegging of plants.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Bravnik I recommend that you send the plant to me immediately so that I can determine whether it is truly a new intelligent life form from the planet Gitcherbudzon. Do not tell the CIA or KGB. Or North Korea. Or trump.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I've been reading about it and I've read good and bad. The good is that it could be some of the best weed. The bad is that it does not bud out right. I honestly can't wait to see.

I can say for sure it's not a reveg as I didn't do that or have any light/power issues. They were three weeks veg and flipped actually only 8 days ago.

Here is some pics just taken.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Be sure and post the pictures we are curious of her

I will for sure. I will probably update this thread once a week.

Comment

Update: So all plants are showing great buds forming. The mutant is going crazy and already getting frosty. Here are a few pics taken today.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X