Normal Senescence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normal Senescence?

I've got these girls at day 24 out of 55. The top is dark green and perky (it doesn't look very dark in the pic due to my camera, but you can see it is full) but the bottom leaves are a bit droopy and yellowing with many falling off. I know that sort of thing happens as the plant gets older, especially since there's far less light getting to the lower area now, but I'm concerned that there's too much too quickly. Do these look normal to you all?

I've been supplementing them with calmag and a little nitrogen, and have the EC around 1.8-1.9, the maximum recommended for my nutes, so I'm not really sure what more I could do.

Got scissors?
    Doesn't look good to me - top looks nice - bottom not so.
    Leaves hanging like that - in my opinion - tend to feel kinda damp (unless you have good air circulation) and then worse things happen......................
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• bonghits4buddha
      bonghits4buddha commented
      Editing a comment
      The air circulation is pretty decent, and there's a dehumidifier running so they aren't really damp. The lower leaves are also dropping pretty easily.

I think it sounds like your doing everything correct. This could be nothing but normal shedding of old leaf as they go through the mid to late flower stages. Those are worthless pretty much now so i'd remove them. Some more thoughts will be here to help.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You might want to check for root rot if you haven't already.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• bonghits4buddha
        bonghits4buddha commented
        Editing a comment
        Just checked the roots on two of the plants - no discoloration or smells present. Thanks for the suggestion

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear that. The fix should be pretty easy then.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X