I think everything is okay... First grow... 2 weeks of 12/12 WW Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think everything is okay... First grow... 2 weeks of 12/12 WW Photos

Would like to ask please if you could take a look at the photos of WW, 13 days after switching to 12/12. 4 plants in the tent, I think I am seeing the start of buds...? Apologies for the lighting, but did not want to remove them from the tent as they are starting to get a bit odorous (and my back is not feeling up to it). Just checking to get some experienced eyes as to if there is anything you see that I am not noticing or if I am in, in fact, doing okay as I think I am. If you care to listen ... Peter, Paul and Mary, 1963 "If I Had a Hammer" or Neil Young 1977, "Homegrown is the way I am feeling/thinking right now.

Wow looking very good, nice job. Did you consider to defolate in this stage?

Comment

Very pretty first grow ! I must say that.
      You could defoliate a little to open up more buds sites.
      and so you allow a little more air flow through the bud sites maybe.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Great thanks, that's two defoliates, noted, will look into what I should trim in the morning. Anything else? Are those little flower things going to grow into consumable buds?

Comment

Just perfect. Yes those are the beginning of buds. My advice is just keep doin what you’re doing, watch the plant and learn from it. Plenty of time to make mistakes later on. You have the very rare opportunity of being able to watch a grow develop without problems (hopefully) so you can really appreciate the magical transformation the plant goes thru and not to worry and doubt yourself every step of the way. Which can be very discouraging for new growers. Congratulations. Stick around and share more pics as they develop

Comment

• crunchyfrog
            crunchyfrog commented
            Editing a comment
            Gracias nueve deidos. Will keep posting of course. Right now, my biggest fear is running out of tent space. Magical transformation is what I am hoping, and working (okay, sort of but really am), for. Magical is a great term for what the fruits could be....

I thought I would share some more pictures and see if things are still looking okay at day 18 after flip to 12/12. The buds seems to be growing right under each other off the same stem, is that normal? Sorry, just really do not have a clue as to how these things progress in real time. Also, I think I have a very few leaves with light burn and or light and wind burn. I moved my supplemental lights up as the apparent burned leaves happened under one of the my supplemental lights. I also adjusted the direction of my oscillating fan for the same reason. There are only a few (4 or so) leaf fingers total at this one location (see photo) with this discoloration and I do not think it is nutrient or pH related but again, don't really have any experience to base that on.

I am running out of tent... I am considering cutting the bottom out of the tent and building either plywood and or tarp skirt to raise the lights above the canopy though this will likely be my last option. I am gonna try tying down/bending over some of the highest tops. Also, I did a lot of defoliation underneath, may do a very little thinning of fan leaves towards the top at my next watering/feeding which will be tomorrow, day 19 after flip to 12/12 and then leave them alone after that. I read a good bit about defoliation and there seems to be some strong evidence that defoliation may not be that beneficial to increase in yields so I am a little nervous. Nebula also does not recommend defoliation for newbies like me as we could get scissor/pinch happy I suppose. The very bottom 1/3 to 1/4 underneath leaves I am okay with defoliation as they are pretty much blocked from getting direct light now as you can see.

Thank you for sharing any comments/opinions/counterpoints/thoughts. Know you are helping someone's anxiety. I just sort of feel like one morning I am going to wake up and find something terminally / irreparably awry.

Comment

Jeeez... it looks more than perfect. I can relate to the fear that everything is going so incredible that you don’t wanna mess up but remember If this continues forever you will never learn new things. So just don’t feel bad when something it’s not perfect. That being said your plant is perfect. That discoloration is a genetic thing common in modern hybrids (think of it like a birth mark) and has no impact on anything either than coloration. I would remove some of those big healthy leaves in picture one. Being indoors you need to help light penetrate so not only the top buds mature, you are at the correct moment for removing leaves. Just the big ones on top of other bud sites

Comment

9fingerleafs, thank you for your comments and coaching on the trim work. It is not that I am afraid to make mistakes, and like many, I know I am going to make them and know they can be painful albeit, educational. Nice to hear though you think things are looking good and I will
              keep on doing what I am doing and learning at the same time. Take care,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X