Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Bronze/white spots and colored leaves

Hello!

I’m growing a northern lights autoflower (first grow), i’m about 3 weeks in and ran into something that may be issues. I have done some research and come up with several conclusions and i’m getting unsure of the cause, so i’ll ask you guys for some advice! I have checked under the leaves and i don’t see any traces of spider mites, so is it some sort of defieciency, spider mites that i just don’t see, or just something ’natural’?

I haven’t added any nutrients (except twice with 0,25ml ’roots’ gold label), i added 0,25ml/L soil A/B from gold label 3 days ago. Also she drank much more water after i added the soil A/B. I’m using gold label special mix soil, which says i shouldn’t add nutrients until week ~4, which is why i haven’t done it until now.

Another note: it’s only the lower leaves that are yellowing, but the white spots are on some leaves, all over the plant (why i thought spider mites)
    Last edited by Ganjaman420; 06-11-2020, 09:49 PM.

How have you been watering and how’s the ph? The leaves look a little droopy due to overwatering.

Comment

• Ganjaman420
      Ganjaman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I only water when the soil is dry a few centimeters down (about every other day), i water until i get some runoff, this last time i used 1,5L instead of 800ml-1L. I use regular tap water with ph down to around 6,2-6,7.. i also check the soil ph regulary which shows around 6,6
      Last edited by Ganjaman420; 06-11-2020, 10:11 PM.

Could be over watering. Do you wait to the whole pot is dry?
    every other day, is that 1-2 days ??
    How big is the pot ?
    Last edited by CaptainWiese91; 06-12-2020, 01:55 AM.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Ganjaman420
      Ganjaman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wait until the pot is really dry, which has been 2 days apart. I only have a 3-gallon pot, which isn’t filled all the way so it’s about 2-gallons
      Edit: i think it might even be a 2-gallon pot, so i have maybe 1,5 gallons of soil. (I only have 40x40x80cm of space, which is why i chose such a small pot)

I’ll try to wait until it’s even more dry, if you both believe it’s due to overwatering
      Last edited by Ganjaman420; 06-12-2020, 06:16 AM.

Removed these 2 today from the lower part of the plant
    Attached Files

Comment

2-3 gallon pot is not big for that stage of the plant 🤔
      This is why it’s already have used the nutrients in the soil in week 3 instead of week 4.
      I think you should make a pot up, to a bigger size. To me the new picture looks like a deficiency. And you wrote you didn’t had given nutes yet.
      Maybe a pot up in size would benefit the plant and won’t get root bound either
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Ganjaman420
        Ganjaman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm, can it help if i start giving small doses of nutrients every second watering? I kinda don’t want to risk transplanting it since it’s so far in and will start flowering soon, but maybe it’s worth it for the end result?

Thank you for the replies, much appreciated.

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea you can still settle with this pot, and do the grow.
        But it will require more attention with watering and nute feeding of course. It will drink more in that pot.
        But it can be done of course

Alright thanks, i will give nutrients next watering and see if it gets better after 2-3 feedings. Should i start seeing results after that?

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        If your plant doesn't like your nutes she may let you know within hours.

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Your plant is daily healthy. A couple minor issues that should be resolved fairly quickly. Nothing to worry about

How will i know if she doesn’t like the nutes?

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Changes color - droopy leaves -

Did you read cannabis Leaf symptoms on growweedeasy.com ?
      there is a great article about what to look for if you get nute burn or if you have a lock out for example.

If your plant doesn’t like the nutes because of the Ratio is to high for it. It will show symptoms of toxicity.

Comment

• Ganjaman420
        Ganjaman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I’ll get back here eventually if it doesn’t get better 😊

Third day without watering, so i watered her today with half the recommended dose of nutrients with 1L water, now she looks more droopy than ever.. should i lower the water amount? I barely get any runoff with 1L
      Attached Files

Comment

Look fine to me ? And it looks healthy..
        If it’s continues I’m sure it’s because of the small pot you have.

Comment

• Ganjaman420
          Ganjaman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Alright, thanks

Few hours later and she looks much happier
        Attached Files

Comment

Should i just cut off these yellowing lower leaves?
          Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea just take them of

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s what I do. They won’t recover so there’s no use in wasting energy on them

Alright, thanks for fast respons guys 😊
          should i cut the entire branches or just the leaves?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X