Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flushing outside the tent?

Hi there,

I'm getting close to harvest and would like to start flushing my plants. However, I don't have the space in my tent to fully soak the pots without my grow tent floor getting all wet. I can put them in a saucer, but as I don't want them to soak the excess water back in, I would like to flush them in outside the tent so I can empty the saucer between the flushings.

Question is; will this short amount of different light (20-30 minutes) affect the plants in any way? The top cola has grown quite some new white pistils over flowering, will this have any bad effects on the quality?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hey i think it won't affect unless that you spend a lot of hours.
    ​​​​​​By the way I read another way to flush your plants https://www.growweedeasy.com/flushing , it makes more sense to me

Comment

Thank you Fedexzw for pointing LXVlll in the tutorial section. Very easy less mess ways of flushing. Does not mean having gallons of water go through the plants all at once, it's over days or even couple weeks prior to harvest. Just quit feeding supplements and use Ph water. I allow the larger to mid size fan leaf to turn yellow/brown curl nearly fall off. I do not allow my suger small tiny bud leaf to get yellow.
      Good luck to you
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I take my plants out for every watering and to trim and tie and anything else I need to do. Just don't do it when your lights would be off or you will cause problems.
        Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
        sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
        4 plants currently under 500w
        2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
        GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
        Happy growing/consuming 🥴
        Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice looking Jordann yes I will carry them to the tub and feed and groom them less mess until they get to big.

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep it only makes sense. Cans to it all in the tent. Unless you have a 4x8 or an 8x8 then you can have some wiggle room unless you want to cram it full of plants.

should be fine flush those ladies out

Comment

I just normally water my plants with molasses or a tea blend the last few weeks - right near the end it is only plain water. I have never flushed at the end and the only time I will flush is after I realize I made a mistake and need to remove that mistake from the soil
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Yup pretty much what the Canuck147 says. Also a good flush a week into flower gets rid of nutrient buildup etc. gives a clean start for your flowering neuts. Then 2 or 3 weeks of plain ol Ph'ed H2O @ the end

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              But if one is using a 3 part nutrient system - it is all the same nutrients just different dosages.

Thanks for all the replies, hope theyll forgive me the hassle. ;D

Flushed them about a week before they started flowering properly and had some hiccups in the first weeks, so they still got nutes. That's why I wanted to flush them once again before harvest. Also going completely organic, so that's not too big of an issue, still wanna get things perfectly right.

So far it's looking like an almost perfect first time grow imo.

Additional question at this point;

​​​​​Is it okay to switch my LED light to bloom only? The ladies are getting a little too much light, but moving it further up would kind of diminish the amount of light that reaches the lower 2 plants. Should I just switch off the veg lights for those last couple days (effectively half the amount of light) or rather give em less hours light a day?

Comment

Originally posted by LXVIII View Post
              Additional question at this point;

​​​​​Is it okay to switch my LED light to bloom only? The ladies are getting a little too much light, but moving it further up would kind of diminish the amount of light that reaches the lower 2 plants. Should I just switch off the veg lights for those last couple days (effectively half the amount of light) or rather give em less hours light a day?
              Little bump allowed?

Comment

what do you mean bloom only?

Comment

Do you mean changing to 12/12?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDope View Post
                    Do you mean changing to 12/12?
                    My LED light has a Veg and a Bloom switch, Veg is mostly blue light, so the idea would be to just "lower the intensity" of the light instead of changing position, due to the different heights of the plants. I'm just wondering if the different light spectrums and drop in intensity will have any bad effects.

Other than that, they're almost ready by the day, nutes almost used up and the trichomes have been accelerating production lately. I'd say Tuesday they're ready for the chop. I think I might switch to 12/12 for the final lap to get the very most out of them.

Comment

Do you have any commercial wet and Dry vacuum you only need a little 10 Gal one . Flush plant pot right where it is and turn on wet and dry vac. That’s how I do it I Run 3 Gal of water through my plants .. first I Run 2 Gallons of the water through my plant suck it up ... wait 10 to 15 minutes then run last Gallon through it ..suck it up with wet dry vac then check the ph of the Run off see what your plant was drinking.. it’s good data to keep track of
                      420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
                      Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
                      2 Lemon Skunk Plants
                      (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
                      CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X