Regrowing a harvested plant..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regrowing a harvested plant..

I forget who was asking about the possibility of harvesting a plant but growing it for a second harvest. Well here's my current attempt. I can't find the pics of the sorry looking thing with the one leaf I left on it but it's now revegged good and growing an inch a day. I originally kept the plant alive because I wanted to splice a different strain into the stem but it got away from me and is now growing to cut some clones in a couple weeks. So it's very possible to re grow with some patience.
    Attached Files
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

once back in 100% veg grafting should be easy, I prefer the stick in hole method, sharpen the cut end like an arrow and insert into the scion end (of the root ball)
    any failures on your part is the cambium failing to connect to each other
    but in truth better time is spent elswhere, making femmed seeds maybe getting a grow light?

good luck

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Getting a grow light?

Originally posted by vostok View Post
    once back in 100% veg grafting should be easy, I prefer the stick in hole method, sharpen the cut end like an arrow and insert into the scion end (of the root ball)
    any failures on your part is the cambium failing to connect to each other
    but in truth better time is spent elswhere, making femmed seeds maybe getting a grow light?

good luck
    vostok This is what I came to this thread for. I was interested in seeing if anyone had grafted onto a revegged plant... How was it? Did the new bud grow sparse and loose like a revegged plant or like a virgin budding? Was the growth from the scion faster for having a fully developed root system in place? Would it be worth people keeping their old rootstock after harvest and giving it new scions rather than growing the roots anew or is the time saved eaten up by needing to reveg the rootstock?

Comment

• vostok
      vostok commented
      Editing a comment
      the roots go all knarly and like humans fall to waste and old age, poor cell replacement etc
      weed is yet to make perinial! but their are exceptions: https://www.bcseeds.com/product/neve...annabis-plant/

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      75000 dollar seed it better fkn germinate. Lmao. Abit out of my price range. Would be awesome if I won the lottery 😁

My interest here would be in grafting young plants to make a 6 way mother plant. Would that not be awesome, a mother plant that produces your favorite 6 strains!?!

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      I did make a 4 strain plant and took clones for a couple months. When I went to flower it some strains burnt and some wanted more nutes. Was hard to get a good balance. And one was ready in 7 weeks one was ready as far as 14 weeks

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
    My interest here would be in grafting young plants to make a 6 way mother plant. Would that not be awesome, a mother plant that produces your favorite 6 strains!?!
    As a novelty it's pretty cool, I want to do something similar with citrus so that I can have a hardy mandarin root with three branches each producing a different citrus (mandarin, lemon, lime). With weed though, if you have the plants to make scions and rootstocks then you are probably just as well growing them out and have 6 plants unless you are able to take advantage of a more developed root system to grow faster or grow strains that typically have weak roots. I would bet there are other plants that cannabis can be grafted onto though although because weed is pretty fast growing and there is some recovery time in grafting it may never offer enough of an advantage to be worthwhile.

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      I've made one with 4 strains and took clones for a while but once I went to flower the 4 strain beast it got Abi more complicated as different strains would burn and some want more nutes. It made it through to harvest though

Hey Jordan it was me who asked. Thanks for sharing the updated pics. My harvested plant is just starting to look like your top photo now so she's still alive. Are you going for a second cycle with yours or getting her strong enough to clone?

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Took 20 clones off her yesterday and looking like I'll be able to take 20 a month the way it looks.

I now have a Black Domina that is regrowing after being chopped. I gave up on doing this and just sat the pot on the porch, it has new growth starting.All the plants I have tried this with and now I have one.

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      As long as we leave a leaf or 2 and give good light they usually start growing again. Need to leave a few places that would support new growth. I do it from time to time when I want to keep a strain I like going.

vostok do these count lol
    I have a complete setup to grow in a 200sq room hid metal halide and HPS in storage. Along with 3000watts of led in storage. I'm hoping I can move by next year where I can start growing commercially again.
    I got my license to grow 75 grams a day lol. I miss it more than I can explain.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X