Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plant wilting, drying up and dying. Need urgent help pleasee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant wilting, drying up and dying. Need urgent help pleasee!

Hello everyone. Please I need some help with my dying ultra lemon haze autoflower. It was doing amazing at around 50 days by never facing any problems so far or showing any signs of deficiencies or anything, just had a one week stunt due to overwatering when it was one week old.

Two days ago I went out before the night cycle of the plant with 3 hours and only made it back 6 hours after it’s supposed night time. So it had 6 extra hours of lighting. I had it on 16/8, so it got 22 hours of lighting that day. When I came back it was completely wilting, dried off, just looking totally dead, I tried giving it a long period of darkness followed by decreased wattage light cycle all while spraying the foliage with water but nothing seems to be helping. Is there anything I can do to get it back to life, it’s getting worse by the day. Should I give more darkness, should I flush, isn’t there anything that could help. The pictures attached show the difference of only 9 hours, and then the one where it’s completely wilted is a day later. What could have possibly happened to it with those extra light hours?!

All advices and explanations are appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Files

The extra darkness won’t help. And I don’t think it’s because of the long hours of light in got introduced too, autos normally love full 24/0 schedule.
    What is your PH ? Are you feeding any nutrients ?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

First, your soil looks very dry, when was the last time you watered it? Second, it could possibly be nitrogen tox. The last pic looks like dark green leaves but it could just be lighting. Check out these links and see what looks more like your issue. I think it's under watering going from the first two pics.
      https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi.../underwatering
      https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...rogen-toxicity

Comment

The extra light would not affect the plant cause it’s an autoflower. It appears to be related to the roots or possibly a systemic bacterial infection transferred through the roots. I believe the plant is a goner at this point. If you decide to discard the plant, Please pull it up and rinse off the roots and submit pics of the root system. We may be able to figure out what happened. The plant looked great prior to your problem. Sorry it happened. Start some more seeds right away.
        If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

CaptainWiese91 Yeah I didn’t think it was big deal leaving it with some extra hours of light, but when I got back and saw it like I was totally shocked. I thought maybe because it got accustomed to go to sleep at that time and then it got stressed when it got more working time, plus the temperature is around 29-30 celsius, so both combined could have triggered the dryness due to too much heat energy, I don’t know? My PH has been all the same since the beginning of the growth between 6.8-7 so it couldn’t have caused such an issue out of sudden even if it isn’t the most optimum. I did feed it that same day in the morning with used coffee granules and NPK 15-30-15 (diluted to half of the suggested dosage), the only new thing I introduced a few days earlier is spraying the foliage with Cal-Mag at the beginning and end of the light cycle every other day.

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            And there's your problem - spraying it with CalMag - umm - why?

• AFsVibes
            AFsVibes commented
            Editing a comment
            Canuck147 I’m not sure but I read a few time that it’s a good foliar food? Also, because I don’t have a direct source of CalMag going through the roots in the soil. Is there anything against spraying the leaves with CalMag? Because what I understand is that it’s absorbable the same as if it’s through the roots but with even more efficiency. Please elaborate on why you think it could damage the plant if you think so. Also, I started spraying it so a week before this happened, could it possible be the reason when it didn’t show any negative symptoms for that week?

Tersky it couldn’t have been underwatering because I fed it that same morning with my usual feeding schedule, and it also happened over the course of few hours without any prior signs. If it were toxicity it would have shown some signs beforehand.

Comment

How many days did you spray with the cal mag at the beginning of the light cycle before the problem occurred?

Comment

Korn that’s what I thought. I wasn’t very bothered with leaving it one day with some more light hours but I was very shocked when I went back and saw it. I thought maybe because my temps are around 29-30 celsius and my plant is used to go sleep, rest and cool off at that certain time, not being able to, made it generate lots of heat energy and wilt off? I don’t know, I was shocked but believed this is the reason because why did it only happen then? Also, if it’s some pathogens affecting the root system, wouldn’t it show some signs beforehand rather than wilting off completely over 8 or 9 hours? If I become certain it’s a goner I will definitely check the roots system and post on here.

Comment

Ok good idea. Maybe we can figure out what happened.

Comment

Korn I believe I started like a week before this happened and I sprayed daily for the first 3 days then stopped for two days and started spraying every other day since then. There’s also a 10% milk in the solution which I read that it helps with some pathogens and infections like powdery mildew, spider mites etc.. Why, you think it could be related?

Comment

• Korn
                    Korn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just brainstorming at the moment trying to look at all the puzzle parts and how they may or may not fit into the bigger picture.

Even if you took the half of the suggested dose.
                  it’s still like 7-15-7 - it’s pretty high dose for a auto flower in the flower phase. But I have to go with Canuck here. Spray with cal-mag I never heard this before. And maybe this is your problem. As Korn is trying to figure out..
                  Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                  You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Maybe too much nuts in flower and it died...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X