First time cloner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time cloner

I'm trying cloning plants for the first time. I'm getting white patches on the leaves. Any ideas what my problem is??

Hi BiggerBudz420,
    Could be an iron or magnesium deficiency but not sure.
    What kind of soil/medium are you putting the cuttings in and are you using anything other then water for them? The more info the better to get you an answer.

Comment

Well from my cloning experience that looks to be light burn bleached out leaf. Tell us a bit how you did your clone what strain, did you use any clone products?

Comment

I just used a rooting hormone. They are on a 18 6 light cycle. I just been using normal water right now. They came from an off strain of bud. But been using fox farm for everything from soil to food. The leaves arent wilting or anything just keep getting white patches. Clones must be more susceptible to light burn? They are rather far away from the light right now

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes they are susceptible until they get roots. Which is why I will just use a gentle t-5 or CFL but that's me. And I will clip the tips on a few leaf to help wake it up.

• BiggerBudz420
          BiggerBudz420 commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal. If I may ask. This being my fist time cloning. What are your suggestions if any where I can find the best info on growing clones. I have plants that are absolutely phenomenal I want these clones to be just as good.lol

Temps range from 85 lights on to about 60 65 lights off. Humidity stays between 45 and 60% most days. Plenty of ventilation and air circulation in the room.

Comment

They can't really feed until a root system grows so it's common for a clone to show signs of deficiency. Keep the PH right & don't forget the cal mag. They'll shape up.

Comment

True. I've got clones in flowering that still have just a few fan leaves left from before they were cut and they all have their imperfections.
            Coconut Grove
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
            32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
            Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Yea the one is almost completely white now but the others seem to be doing good. I'm keeping a close eye on them

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X