Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL New Grower - Please Help

Hello Fellow Cannabis Lovers,

I am sorry to bother you, but after years of having to deal with someone to get my medical cannabis, and honestly being consistently disappointed- I have finally decided to start my own grow.
    This is my first grow ever, and have been scowling the internet to research a budget friendly tent, and setup.
    Therefore, I started with Miracle Grow organic soil, and then inside the tent have fans, and a humidifier to try to keep optimal levels. In addition, I’m also adjusting my PH with the hydroponics PH adjusting kit. At first, she was growing really well, but more recently her bottom fan leaves have turned this yellow color, and I can’t seem to find anything on the internet to help. I’ve read many different articles about what it could be, but don’t want to screw her up further, especially if there isn’t even is an issue.
    In addition, I’m only watering her with tap water that I dilute with the PH adjusting kit, and water about every other day, or when the soil is dry to the touch.
    Lastly, I recently purchased the FoxFarm Trio because I’ve read many of these store bought soils only last 4weeks, and thought I could add some of these nutes to help. However, once I added just a quarter of the recommended dosage, the leaves began to become yellow if quicker, or at least that’s what I think.
    any help on this would be much appreciated!
    thank you in advance!!

Can you show it in regular light? Also she looks droopy. Either an under or over watering issue. What is your pH level?
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Gjourney101 Thank you for your response.
      i can take another photo under another light when I get home tonight. The ph of my water is between 6-7.
      i have a ph reader coming in for my soil tomorrow.

Comment

Dry to the touch does not mean dry in the root zone, every other day is to often to water . they need air around the roots also to be able to thrive. That's why a lot of perlite is always recommended. wait til the pot is light when you heft it before watering again. Drying out will not hurt the plant and when you do water she'll bounce right back and start smiling.

Comment

Those droopy leaves are signs of overwatering. When you can lift the pot up and it’s really light, it’s time to water. If there’s any weight at all it’s not time to water yet. You also need to let your ph fluctuate every other watering to help with ph lockouts. 6.0-6.5 range one watering and 6.5-7.0 range the next watering.

Comment

Thank you everyone!
            You have no idea how much your responses mean to me!
            thank you!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X