First grow - red leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL First grow - red leaves

Hello, I have a few clones with apparent nute burn on the tips of the leaves. They have been transplanted 10 days ago into their final pot from solo cups, got solid root balls when transplanted, used miracle grow professional soil. The soil appears darker around the roots as it is still moist, seems to take about 4 days for the top to dry out. Although the other plants are definitely showing nutrient burn at the tips of the leaves, this one has very red leaves and they are curling down. I provided them 1/4 strength fox farms nutes twice before i noticed the burn. Since then (about a week ago) I have only been providing distilled water without ph balancer (7.0 ph). I believe ph lockout may be occurring as the runoff tests at 7.6 ph and 800 ppm. I have ph balancer coming in the mail tomorrow and planning on flushing them with 6.0 ph'd tap water then. Temps are 75-85 and humidity 50%. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, first grow. Strain is Platinum Cookie Glue.

Do you have any kind of perlite or leca in that soil ?
    This plant is usually on the small size when giving nutrients- if so the ratio of NPK has to be very light.
    do you use any kind of cal mag ?
    also I think you have a slight over watering issue. Then 10 days ago for transplant. It shouldn’t be that droopy..
    abd yea you probably have a lockout now - either because of over watering (yea it can fuck the PH up) or because you don’t hit the right PH range in your water feeding. 6,2-6,4 around this spot, is optimal for cannabis and their roots.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• drugzrneat
      drugzrneat commented
      Editing a comment
      I used only miracle gro pro soil, did not mix any perlite or leca, the soil definitely seems to take a while to dry out and i believe I have overwatered. Nutrient wise i supplied them with 1/4 strength fox farms big bloom and grow big until i noticed nute burn about a week ago. There is some magnesium in those. Im planning on flushing them with 6.0 ph'd water in order to remove the nutrient buildup and hopefully reduce the ph of the soil.

You need to get some perlite in that soil or some Leça. The plant can’t breathe everyone you water
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• drugzrneat
      drugzrneat commented
      Editing a comment
      Should I attempt to replant them into soil mixed with perlite or leca? Or is there a method of adding it to the already potted plants? I definitely agree they are taking way too long to dry out.

Yea the soil is too dense and it can’t breathe.
    I don’t now about a method to do it when it’s already potted the plant. I would re pot it into new soil with leca or perlite

Comment

• drugzrneat
      drugzrneat commented
      Editing a comment
      Going to attempt replanting into perlite/soil mixture without damaging the roots much, will provide updates. thanks for the help

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      30-40 % in the soil mix👍🏻

Yep poor lil guy is Drowning ......re-pot to Cloth smart pot 10 Gal with a bag of Fox farm Ocean forest ....learn to start lifting your pots for Weight after and before waters that’s how you learn to water plants ...good look
    420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
    Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
    2 Lemon Skunk Plants
    (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
    CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

Well its been about 10 days since the replant in soil mixed with perlite about 60/40, Everyone seems to be doing MUCH better. leaves perked back up and nutrient burn/deficiency is disappearing from the leaves. Ive also got my ph balancer to ensure a nice 6ish ph. I am slightly concerned about the size of my pots as they are only 3 gallon, can i flower in these or will i run into issues with them becoming rootbound? Space is the issue here otherwise I would size them up. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Find a Champion on this site and ask them the same Question.

but here is my two Cents :
        yes you can flower in those little pots but you get what you get.
        If your plants Are still in Veg you should me be good for now ... they will need some space Later and you want bigger Harvest so yes transplant Right before Flower to at least 7-10 gal if you got space.
        420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
        Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
        2 Lemon Skunk Plants
        (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
        CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X