flowering time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flowering time

please explain this: list for seeds (fem photo) includes a flowering time (55-60days) since I control when to 12/12, I base change on height of plant.

Does this mean it will take 55-60 dats from start of 12/12

Well yes and no but heres the deal......once you see the white hairs or pistils that turn into buds then you start the count 55-65 days. And that's approx. time frame. When you first start the 12 on 12 off your plant is going to stretch those brances up grow taller. Yes to height of plant to your tent & Light. Figure 6" more of growth in flower stretch it will stop after 3wks or so of 12/12 .

Please see turtorials about training. And come back with more questions and more info on your grow...…..tent, soil or ?, lights and where it's placed we like lnformation and photos of plants to help with issues. Welcome 73years and happy growing to ya.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yes....except breeders usually list the quickest flowering time they've observed and that's likely only typical for one phenotype of that strain. If it's a pure indica, 60 days might be right on the money but even then it depends on how close to ideal your growing setup is. Back when I used T5s for lighting, flowering times were always a bit longer than they are with the LEDs I now use. If it's a hybrid or mostly sativa, you could be in for a 12-week flowering phase. Cutting the light cycle down to 11/13 or even 10/14 can encourage them to finish faster. I used a dawn-to-dusk timer that is programmed to know what time the sun rises and sets depending on the date. I lied to it and told it the date was September 21 when I made the change to 12/12. Two months later, all of the girls from five different strains finished at the same time but possibly at the cost of some productivity.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Yes, 55-60 days from start of 12/12 but this is just a guide. Hue/cloudiness of trichromes gives specific timing.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait for first white hairs when you see them count the days.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X