hermie seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hermie seeds

does anyone know if seeds from a hermaphrodite will automatically produce hermaphroditic seedlings?
    i had a grow of 4 clones of a hybrid i made from captains cake (seed from medical disp.)and a strain of thai .6 weeks into flower i noticed seeds .i checked all 4 plants they were still all female(no pollen sacks)but 3 1/2 were loaded with seed.can single pollen sacks grow inside of buds?

Yes if you have “nanners” sometimes they can be really hard to see or locate. So maybe it had one single banana in the bud and it made it produce some seeds
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I believe the common consensus is yes, hermies will always produce hermies. Just like humans, plants are genetically predisposed to their parents traits.
      Current Grow:
      • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
      • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
      • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
      ​​​​Nutrients
      • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
      • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
      • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
      • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
      • Black Strap Molasses
      • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
      • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

Self pollinating is the next step in evolution for our plants, not that we want that! Yes the chance of more hermies is great, to these I destroy the seed from hermies! They can be fun to grow, but dont expect a great seedless yield from them, and do expect more seed, it's all in what you want. Genetics!

Comment

thank you for the help.unfortunately its what i expected

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            There is a big difference between a plant throwing some pollen and a full on hermie. A full on hermie will always produce hermies. But what you have is a batch of feminized seeds. You can grow them no problem and 9 out of 10 will be female

I find my hermied seeds usually produced plants that grew loose and larfy buds - which are useless to me.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X