CBN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBN

Does anyone do any post curing processing in order to increase cbn levels? I believe that the amber trichs contain more cbn than milky ones but I'd like to take it a step further and convert more of the thc to cbn.
    Which brings up another question, does thca convert to cbn or thc? Or both. It seems logical to me that decarbing material would increase cbn levels but I'm not sure about that. It may take much more time for the oxidation to take place. Anyone messed around with this? Almost 50 years ago while a young lad in the Navy, myself and 3 others split a pin joint of Thai stick (stationed in PI at the time). All of us fell asleep for a short period. In hindsight I believe there to have been high cbn content.

I think heat can cause decomposition of THC to CBN. I'd bet that Thai stick didn't see much air conditioning before it made it to you and your buddies.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

smoorman, too much CBN will cause grogginess and hangover: https://www.growweedeasy.com/thc-cbd...-marijuana#cbn

So if you like a real couch-lock high, I reckon you want more CBN, but without degrading too much of the THC. Cuz that's what CBN is: degraded THC.

Learn the main factors that influence the degradation of the cannabinoids in cured cannabis flowers, and find out how to slow down the process.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Boy oh boy I remember Thai stick when I was a teen. Just want to thank my guardian angle again. Thank You

• smoorman
        smoorman commented
        Editing a comment
        I've read some papers where they said it was good for sleep AND without the next day grogginess of some sleep aids. Insomnia is something I daresay a lot of members here deal with given the age group.
        We used to get thai stick about 4-5 hours out of Thailand from some Marines who flew over in C130s to do maintenance on A6's. They would go to the perimeter fence on base in Thailand and buy it for $2 stick from old ladies. They would then stash it in panels on the aircraft and retrieve it when safely back in the PI. There was only 1 instance of it putting me to sleep. Right at a kitchen table. It usually just knocked your socks off. Fond memories for an 18 year old.
        I'll try to find a time/temp curve for cbn conversion. And I do want some couch lock. I want to be able to name it velcro.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        smoorman Those are awesome stories about the Thai stick knocking you right out. I wouldn't mind trying sometime to allow more amber to show up than I usually do... but I love my THC too much to allow much of it to degrade into CBN...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X