Mother has spots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Mother has spots.

My 3 month old mother is looking spotty. I'm using Coco-Loco as my medium and only water her when her pot is light. Since she is in Coco-loco I don't use nutrients. So do I have a deficiency or a disease? Do I need to water her more regularly?

What is the PH ?
    do you have any cal mag supplement in the medium or in your water feeding ?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Mariojuana
      Mariojuana commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I've cal-mag the water a few times and the water ph everytime I water is 6.2 to 6.3. Should I go lower to 5.8 or 5.5? Am I in lockout?

pH!!!!!!!! I totally agree with the Capt.

Learn how to easily adjust pH up and down if needed for your cannabis grow. It helps prevent nutrient deficiencies!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Mariojuana
      Mariojuana commented
      Editing a comment
      I keep my ph at 6.2 to 6.3.

Mariojuana I grow hydro too, and I always let my pH fluctuate. When I mix my nutes in water, the solution always tests at 5.4, so I add a lot of pH up to get it to a solid 6.5. If I only pH the water to 6.4, it's always around 5.3 the next morning. When I pH it to 6.5, it will be around 5.9-6 the next morning.

I was at one point trying to keep the pH around 6.2, and I got nute lockout on my last grow. I flushed for 24 hours and started letting the pH roam, and I haven't had any lockout on my present grow. Hope this helps you!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome! Indoor cannabis is going to be much more prone to nute lockout than to deficiencies. Most of us feed our plants correctly, but bad pH can cause all sorts of symptoms that look like deficiencies. I think 99.9% of the time, it's nutrient lockout. A lot of folks think it doesn't happen in hydro, but it does!!

• Mariojuana
      Mariojuana commented
      Editing a comment
      Lockout was in the back of my mind the whole time and since I use cloth pots I need to water more often than I do. I guess I'll keep 5 Gal.of water in my room at all times just incase I need a quick watering.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      ándale, trust those intuitions!! Each time I learn from a mistake, my reactions are faster the next time.

Well I'm closing this post with this: I should've did a quick clone then flower off this plant and I would've found out it was MALE!!!!!!! . But I learned 2 things from this Grow. #1 I wasn't watering as frequently as I needed and that caused Nutrient lockout. And #2 I learned how to tell sex in 6 day flower pre-flowers. So knowledge was gained and now I've promoted myself to the next level. My growing intelligence has now reached +5 and my growing research has now reached +10. I am now ready for the next challenge. I have 5 Regular seeds of Super Skunk. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200620_212519.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	421585 In this picture the shape of the pollen sack is all my camera was able to catch. This is a day 6 flowering clone.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you sure that's a pollen sack? Easy way to water is lift the pot if it's light water.

• Mariojuana
      Mariojuana commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup I'm 100% sure male sack and few days later it had more on all 4 of my clones. That's a pollen sack on a stem. My phone camera is wack and couldn't focus good. The lift the pot to see if it is lighter works ok but for some reason that plant wanted lots to drink and for some reason I had to overlap my watering a bit. So instead of every 3 days then water when the pot was dry it was every 2 days when there was still some moisture in the pot. And it did better.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X