Blueberry Tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Blueberry Tacos

After scouring the internet, I believe I've found my problem with the Blueberry mom-to-be in coco in a three gallon cloth pot. The leaf tips on new growth are brown and the new growth leaves are tacoing. I flushed it hard with a gallon of tap water pH'ed to 6.0. and let it drain. It seems I've been getting away with feeding my girls in coco by adding just enough nutrient solution to wet everything but not enough to have runoff. It seems that excess salts sticking around in the coco can cause trouble. BB is the only one not thriving under this treatment. I took a picture but iCloud is being mighty slow about letting my PC have it. I will post it once it shows up.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Were you checking the pH runoff? It's good you're nipping it right in the bud. You don't feed every time you water, do you?
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

It sounds like you have not been doing 10-20% runoff each time. It's probably a ph issue that you corrected with the flush that was causing nute lockout.

And to answer alltatup I feed every time i water. My nutes are a little weaker going in but i feed more often. It really is whatever works best for the person. I tried the feed every other watering but never had success until i started feeding every time. The way i think about it is this. In hydro you dont fill up the res with plain ph water every other res change and coco is technically hydro. I know others have had success doing the every other method but i have not found that to work for me, granted i could be doing it wrong. That said since this is a mother plant, it only needs very light feedings so maybe every other feed is appropriate.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya Tersky I'm helping a friend learn to grow indoors in soil, so this is all good information for me to hear.

OK, the first picture is a group shot of my Blueberry (at lower left) with moms-to-be from three other strains given the exact same treatment. The second is a picture taken yesterday immediately after the flush. I actually did catch some of the runoff in a sunleaves shot glass and it measured at 6.7. Because it was working for me up to this point, I was giving a light feeding with every watering. I did it with the clones I parked in coco (now in hydro) and with the two older moms I pulled from hydro. Temps in the tents have run from about 72-80F with the RH hanging around 80% yesterday. Again, no other plants are unhappy. I did plug in a dehumidifier last night and move the BB farther away from the T5 it is under. I'll try to update if BB's condition changes.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, she looks mucho better-o!!!!!

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. It's still growing despite its issues. I'm watching the new growth for nute burn. The newest parts have just a bit at the tips of the leaves. I checked on her this morning while feeding the girls in the RDWC and it seems the tacoing has relaxed slightly since last night.

Way to grow and recover your plant.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X