Any ideas here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas here??

Ok fellas so here it is. I’ve had this girl for awhile now. She is approx 12 inches untrained at the moment. I am currently on my 3rd day of week 4 flowering. The soil I use is organic with perlite and I filled my pot half with soil and half with my own compost. I feed her straight water, and for nutrients I sprinkle a tsp of this alpaca grow once a week around the base, water, and let it soak in. Other then that I have not
    given her anything other. My water is well water. It’s super clean and super good. She is growing and has grown quite a lot daily (more so in bushiness than height wise by my choice) she looks healthy and strong. There are trichomes showing up everywhere (stem, leaves, bud sites etc) so my question now begins here. From the pics I’m posting here, is there something I am missing? I ask this because it seems that from the pics ive seen of week four flowering,that the bud enhancement in size is a lot more noticeable and sizable. She is on a 12/12 schedule and I have her in a uninterrupted dark spot that stays 69-75 at night depending on weather. If it ever gets too cold (which it’s basically done being now) I turn the heat up in my crib. I do not over/or underwater that I am aware of (no yellowing,dropping etc) the roots when I transplanted into this pot were healthy (white long and many) any ideas what I can do differently or not do to insure that her buds are growing as well, or is this a typical thing in some strains and it’s basically a waiting for her to do her thing type deal? The main stem is about a quarter inch or so in diameter and super strong. The fan leaves healthy and everything is vibrantly green. More hairs than I have on my head. Can someone give me some kind of clarity here? Keep in mind she is actually growing everyday, my concerns are that the buds really haven’t started to grow like I’ve seen and heard they should be. What can i do? Please know its
    my first grow, I have and continue to binge read info. I grew up a farm boy and know how to grow things right. She gets sunlight for light, and at lights out I put her up. Am I missing something here?
    smells really good. Let me know please

Must of done something to her to stunt her. Yes you did train her.....you topped her too young, you took leaves off too young. New grower mistakes. She's in flower and not much more i'd do training wise as she's stunted from early mistakes. Sorry
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Xconian
      Xconian commented
      Editing a comment
      I topped her about the first week
      Of flowering, and pruned around the same time after adequate time to recover for stress . As for training I did it in intervals and pruning the same. I mean she literally didn’t show any stress symptoms during or afterwards. I did a final training to really open up the bus sites to light and see if that helps. I do t think I did anything to stunt her honestly, I think the shape she was on when I got her took a heavy toll on her. I only say that because she is still growing at least an inch a day in one direction or the other, and the colas stretched this much so far in a matter of days. I mean maybe I did somehow stunt her but
      I just didn’t see any stress signs at all, and like I said she is still growing. I did a final train on the sites and stuff tonight so as to really open them up to light exposure it will be my last LST on her. I’m one to admit mistake, but I guess I get a bit Leary when she is still growing everyday, has not stopped much how I was planning her to grow. I wasn’t trying for a huge plant, honestly around this size for now. Then re-veg and start over. I think I’ll take the last two fans at the end for clones maybe. So will a plant still grow if it’s stunted? It was my impression that they would pretty much cease to show gain. Shit idk, I’ve been wild westing this thing from the moment I got her, and I hope 🤞 it’s worthwhile for me I guess. Thanks for the knowledge, I’ll try and maintain some optimism for now lol

• Xconian
      Xconian commented
      Editing a comment
      One last question to go with this, if she was stunted from stress wouldn’t she Hermès? There isn’t a sac anywhere
      That’s why I’m wondering

My only thoughts are why are you flowering such a tiny plant????

Comment

• Xconian
      Xconian commented
      Editing a comment
      Because I didn’t want a huge 10 ft plant in my place and my plan was to focus on bud density

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha. 👍

So to clarify, you have been on a 12/12 schedule for 4 weeks or it has been four weeks since pistols started showing? I say this cause i dont count it in flower until i see pistols. Sometimes that can be a few days or a week after switching to 12/12. How long did you have it in veg? Its a pretty small plant in general, i dont know if it is stunted or just a short veg. Typically you want to grow it out before inducing flower to maximize yield. What is the strain? Different strains mature at different rates.

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldnt consider myself a pro at all but i have been growing cannabis for 8 years. I dont do massive grows either. 4 maybe 6 plants at a time at the most. I get on average 2-4 ounces a plant in 4-5 months. You keep saying that you're not sure it's stunted and we have been telling you it is and you still are "on the fence". You asked for our input and we gave it to you. Can lead a horse to water but cant make it drink. I know i can only speak for myself but one of the things that irritates me the most is someone asking for advice and then completely disregarding it. Good luck.

• Xconian
      Xconian commented
      Editing a comment
      You know what I had a long drawn out bit I was gonna say, but I’m not gonna. I hear your opinions, I appreciate them. I’m not an idiot, nor did I say anything about “people in here”. Everything I read on one subject is always controversial, I’m glad you guys have been growing for however long, I really don’t care. I was just asking for THOUGHTS not have opinions pushed on me. You say it’s stunted, ok, I hear ya, I don’t Know as though I agree, I don’t know as I don’t. Guess I will find out in the long run. I’ve been told a bunch of different things, I’ll find a solution out of one of them at some point. Thanks a bunch fellas I enjoyed all the help

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Im sorry, is a thought not an opinion? You as for our thoughts but dont want them? Lol ok. I honestly dont know what you are asking for at this point. The only thing i can think of is to tell you to learn how the cannabis plant is SUPPOSED to grow. Then apply your knowledge of farming, cause cannabis is a whole different monster than a tomato or lettuce plant. Start here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

That plant is really small. How old was it when you started 12/12?

Comment

• Xconian
      Xconian commented
      Editing a comment
      She was about 3 months old when switched over. At least a month of that was rehabbing her back to health because she was given to me in bad shape

You can certainly flower a small plant for a small yield.

Comment

Rwise Agree with him. You can flower a plant that size. But it will hurt your yields.
      SoOrbudgal is writing, you made a topping when it was too “small” in size. And if you topped the first week of flowering - that cause a lot of stress to it.
      and what is your PH levels in the soil and the water you use ?
      4 weeks of flowering, it’s should have more developed buds than this. Maybe not bigger buds, but they should be more developed.
      And the fertilizer you have, it doesn’t have enough potassium in it.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X