Help not sure what happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help not sure what happened

So I started this with a seed a few weeks ago. Everything was fine until about three days ago. It started to look like this. I did some research and it sounds like I over watered it. When I noticed this all transferred into another pot, made sure there were holes in the bottom for drainage and check them roots in which they looked healthy and were still white. But I’m not sure if it’s PH, over watered or what’s happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was one of those let me see if I can get it to sprout, and I’ll be damned it did. Any help I’d greatly appreciated.

Looks like you drowned your plant with love - being Ill and then transplanted I think you need divine intervention for help.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Danny01
      Danny01 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did that, I’m keeping it outside I live in SC, should I move it elsewhere? I posted pics below on what it seemed to look like after letting it drain and all. Souls still moist added the nutes! Praying it’s able to be saved.

For future reference, I’ve always had the best results if I wait until the soil is almost completely dry before watering. Make sure there’s plenty of drainage, give the soil a good soaking until there’s water running out of the pot then don’t water again until dry. When I can pick the pot up and it’s extremely light I know it’s time to water.

Comment

• Danny01
      Danny01 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m posting pics below, this was something my brother in law was like “you got to water it you live in SC it’s humid” how do I fix this all? I have been letting it dry out with the fan adding the nutes. Is it too far gone you think?

If you want to try and save that plant the first thing I would do is get it into some better soil. From the pics the soil looks very compact and tight. Weed grows best in loose, airy soil so you’ll need to get some perlite or vermiculite to mix in with the soil at least at a 70/30 ratio. If you use the current soil it’s in mix it 50/50. A smart pot would also be better than a 5 gallon bucket. The roots need lots of air, in its current state they’re not getting much if any.

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Not vermiculite. That retains water. Perlite yes, vermiculite no.

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a mixture of both in my soil

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X