Have I harvested too early ? What do you guys think? - Final Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I harvested too early ? What do you guys think? - Final Pictures

So I have 2 strains that i thought were ready for harvest gorilla glue (bigger bud) and some type of hybrid (thinner bud) , the hybrid was a clone which started to a early flower and I didn't want it to reveg and the gorilla glue a auto. I cut them both down today trimmed them and hung to dry. My room is 26 degrees and 49% humidity. But the hybrid is starting to smell not so good like when it was growing, kinda like grass/hay now. Looking at my pictures do you think i harvested at a good time? Under my microscope I think I was seeing mostly cloudy trichomes Was grown outdoors in soil.
    all opinions would be great
    Attached Files

Hi mango, nice buds! It's impossible to tell from my end if you harvested at the right time. What I've found is that it has taken me A LOT of practice with my jeweler's loupe to learn how to see trichomes well.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Well. You only know that when you cured these nice buds and take some of it and smoke it. It’s the easiest way😎
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Yeah I think thats the best way too tell, been drying 2 days now so hopefully soon ish can try

Comment

All plants i've grown smell like grass at first. it usually takes a week or two of curing (after drying) minimum for the grassy taste to go away. You can try it as soon as it's dry but expect it to still have a grassy taste. Hands down the hardest thing about growing for me is the wait after harvest cause im excited to try my bud! The taste and smell will improve the longer you cure so dont freak if it tastes like crap. It probably has not had long enough to cure.

Comment

I would give it at least 2 weeks dry cure. The quick dry on a early harvest could be racy if it were taken too soon. But this is how we all learned, I sure took my share of too early out of need back in the day...….some times still do when you don't want to spend $$ at gram O rama store.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Looks good to me. Let it dry till those leaves are crunchy then put it in a jar. If you jar it to soon that hay smell will never leave. I smoke it as soon as it dries. Just as a sampler, it'll give you an idea what you have but it'll make your chest hurt and your heart race. The longer it cures the better. Takes at least 14 days cure before it won't hurt your chest. Cure begins after dry. At your conditions it will dry pretty fast. 5 to 7 days maybe. Have a great day !!
              Focus and relativity.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliot Pryor View Post
                Looks good to me. Let it dry till those leaves are crunchy then put it in a jar. If you jar it to soon that hay smell will never leave. I smoke it as soon as it dries. Just as a sampler, it'll give you an idea what you have but it'll make your chest hurt and your heart race. The longer it cures the better. Takes at least 14 days cure before it won't hurt your chest. Cure begins after dry. At your conditions it will dry pretty fast. 5 to 7 days maybe. Have a great day !!
                Thanks for reply, I dried a tiny bit quickly on a warm surface for today and tried it you were right with saying it was racy, not really hurts the chest but definetly made my heart beat faster

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
                  Eliot Pryor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It will. Smoke some more.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X