What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

CrazyMissHyde,21 days old, soiless, from seed. Used nutes at acceptable strength and this and other 2 plants seemed to be going great! I had my plants in wall mart bags for about 3 days but retransplanted back to 2.7 gl pots. This pick is 2 days in new digs. This plant starter qyivk and never super thick but always looked healthy until new growth. Intopped when 5th leaf set was about half inch or more but that was awhile ago. Im trying to follow this scrog tutorial but I can't get any of my plants to grow very fast anymore. The new tops and plant overall slowed dramatically. This plant almost died though for sure. I have switched from the nutes I was given to use,(nitrogen,mycorrhizae,micronized grow,and key to uptake) to FFGrowBig yesterday and added a tablespoon of epson to a gallon. Just finally got temps and rh fine tuned to 80 avg and around 43 to 60 rh. I think they were way to hot till recently. Im new. First plant ever. Even a houseplant lol. Ok ill shut up. Just wanted to know if Im doing ok really. I know none has everything go right. Second photo is whole grow. 450w led(just grow switch on) and a bunch of 23w 6500k cfls. The two in black pots are lemon lush seedlings that were a week or so behind and have caught and passed my original. Oh and one blue dream in the original 4. Growing slow too.
    Last edited by OregonTentLife; 01-12-2017, 05:11 AM.

Welcome OregonTentLife,
    If I understand you, the only lights you have on for the grow are the four 23 watt CFLs? If so, You need to at the very least, double the wattage, or start using the LED lamp. I do not use any LED lights, so I'm certainly not an expert on their use. I am using two 220 watt CFL lamps for each of my hydro reservoirs, and I need more (wattage, that is).
    Sorry that I can't help out with the soil question also.
    Good luck in your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• OregonTentLife
      OregonTentLife commented
      Editing a comment
      I guy on a forum broke down all the bulbs and wattage and things I read and he showed 8 23watt 6500k bulbs were cheaper and effective for veg in the long run as a bigger unit. Just wanted more light really 😀 I do want to get a bigger cfl set up and veg with it, then bloom with led.

Yeah I'm a bit confused too. If you have the LED light turned on then you should remove the CFls and lower the LED. If you gonna use only CFLs then you should aim for as many as you can get.
    Overal ur plants look fine but seems like they could use a little more light. They are stunned. Probably cause the topping. It certainly slows things down that's why people recommend to top when the plant has enough leafs to keep growing. You don't have any real problem. Go easy on the nutes they're young. Watch your ph and good luck. You doin great

Comment

• OregonTentLife
      OregonTentLife commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.. I am learning as I go. Set up is everything! So lbh's famous scrog tutorial is what I was following and he tops on the fifth leaf when it is about a quarter inch or a half inch long. He is a master grower though! Lol. I am not. I might just grow these out and learn before trying advanced stuff. Always in over my head lol

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah don't swet it. Those specs are just a guide. I personally like to wait a bit longer so the plant is bigger so it recovers faster. I'm super into super cropping so I want to gain height that's gonna be totally horizontal

Hi OregonTentLife, you have come to the right place. People here are great. I am also a first time pot grower, but I use a 300 watt led light. It looks like the LED is too far away. I there any reason why you are still using the cfl's, they could be blocking some light from the LED and not powerful enough to make up the difference. Also you may have your LED too high to compensate for the cfl's below it. I have moved one of my babies (27 days from germ) under my LED, set at manufacturer specs and it is thriving. Hope that is a help, but wait for one or more of the experienced growers for their opinions.
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

This might be helpful in determining the use of your LED.

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. One of these days, I'm going to get a LED and move into the 21st century! lol

• OregonTentLife
        OregonTentLife commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for that. I need all the info I can get on led. My manufacturer reads a bit different than mars. I couldn't afford them lol. I did some research before I bought the one i bought but for 109 bucks and the reviews were good and all the wattage and numbers looked good so I got it. Its more me than the light but as soon as my set up was better it seems to rock!
        Meizhi 450 dual switch off amazon.

Its not the led. Well in sure it wasn't right because up till now I had I think too much heat. I always had it to 18 inches, then I tried down to 14 which is manufacturer specific 12 to 18 in seedling and small veg. I have it higher now at 21 in because of the cfls and heat issues. Its like 30 degrees or below lately in Oregon, and can get in this front apt room sometimes. I am betting I have been running things too hot and not humid enough. I had a heat lamp way up high in the tent till just before this posting and a stupid outside temp gauge lol. So now I have a ten dollar digital rh temp meter from wally world and I can really see whats going on. And yes plans aren't easy to accomplish lol. Things always change and it learning right now how to, in real practice, have a proper set up. Thanks everyone I can really use the help and appreciate it. It a poor white boy but well educated so I can craft and understand things well. It having a lot of fun with these plants.
      So the almost dead plant looks better today after epsom salt and if grow big and the new digs. My temps have been around 80, rh has stayed around 43-55 % and the girls seem thirsty. The bad one in the right corner, has stood up at the lights today.

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
        Bikerstonrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear it.

Ok so just to touch on my led \cfls thing.. I got a 450w meizhi dual switch led's. Amazon, check them out. I am new and so are growing tactics with them. Or information anyways. This companyn is new and it was cheap lol. So I have always tried to run heights and such as forums read, and somewhere near the manufacturer said to. I am almost positive my heat and rh has sucked. So as I said I ran one cfls down to the seedling my friend gave me and they grew in one week and passed my plants! I suck at this still and learning my set up still too but I researched and throwing a few cfls, as long as they stay out of the way, is fine. I think lol. But now that I have my temps right I thought about taking the cfls out but honestly, more spectrum and light cant hurt though rright! The led can come down but its actually pretty intense! The reviews were good on this one and I think I just needed to know how to run it properly. It seems to work well though. I see a lot of people run cfls, then switch to led for bloom. I might try that next ttimes don't know. The led has a 2.5 by 3 ft footprint. Anyways if you guys think I should take the cfls out i will. And bring the led back down a few inches. The end plants were just the ones I threw in on one cfl to start and are not under the led footprint but on trey fringes. I measured lol. Heres some pics of my set up.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X