Transplanting to 20 gallon bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transplanting to 20 gallon bags

Going to put my AK47 fast version in the 20 gallon grow bags this weekend. How deep can I plant them, and do I have to take off all the leaves, and stems that will ultimately be buried? I never buried them up to their necks before...Please advise. Thank you folks...

Where is the neck and why so deep?

Comment

Howdy smoorman, read it a lot researching these babies. They apparently throw out roots like tomatoe plants when buried. Thank you for your reply, cheers!

Comment

boilerroom doesnt the plant already have roots? Usually we transplant deep early when the seedlings are stretched out. But if your going deep take off all the part of the plant that’s going under except the roots and stem lol

Comment

• boilerroom
          boilerroom commented
          Editing a comment
          O ya, they are at least one footers, some forums have some in depth discussion on planting deep. Was going to try it, but now am scared off. Thank you for our reply. Their saying was "more root, more fruits".
          Last edited by boilerroom; 06-04-2020, 04:18 PM.

When planting deeper take off the vegetation not the limbs, I often cover 6 limbs. Do not do this until the baby leaves fall off, do not remove them until they are dead.
        The advantage is everything covered will make roots and grow as if it were a plant on its own. Some strains take to it better than others.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X