1st Grow 1st Harvest. Is it time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! 1st Grow 1st Harvest. Is it time?

I have this Berry Bomb Auto and I'm trying to determine how close I am to being able to harvest. I'm using a digital camera with a good macro lens for the trichromes. Pistils are at about 50% amber at the moment.
    How long do you think before I'm ready to harvest? I'm not impatient, just a noob!

Attached Files

Correction. It looks good to go, you gave quite a few amber trichomes

Comment

You are definitely in the window, you could take her down now, if you wanted to, don't let them get to much amber, unless you want knockout. Lol
      Congrats
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Yes by all means if she were mine i'd taken her yesterday
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Ready. I grew one of those. Bomb is well named. You're going to love it.
          Focus and relativity.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses! Is it critical at this point that I give her a blackout period or I can get away without it? I’m only asking because there’s another plant in there which is 2 weeks behind this one.

Comment

Take her down. Most of your triches are cloudy and some amber. Good job!

Comment

As everyone else has said- chop her! You won’t do any harm by giving her 24-48 hours of darkness....but if it were me I would just take it down. 50% amber is a touch over ripeness in my opinion. BUT if you like a more relaxing couch lock high, the more amber the better.

The 3 lifecycle stages of a trichrome:

1. Clear Heads- still maturing and developing the highly coveted cannabinoids. Not very potent.

2. Milky Heads- this is believed to be the peak thc point. If you want a strong “heady” high, similar to sativa affects, then this is optimal time to harvest.

3. Amber Heads- this indicates that the thc has been broken down into CBD/CBG which will give you less psychological affects, and more physical relaxation affects.

Most growers believe that harvesting at about 30% amber and 70% milky is the ideal window to harvest. The fun thing is everyone has their own preference and you can customize your high by harvesting at a certain point. Hopefully this helps.
                Current Grow:
                • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
                • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
                • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
                ​​​​Nutrients
                • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
                • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
                • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
                • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
                • Black Strap Molasses
                • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
                • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

She’s come down! I couldn’t tell the difference on the trichromes as a noob! Thank you all.

Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good for you enjoy and pop another seed.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X